SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    To all of you who opine that the Brits are now a race of panty-waist chickens....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

To all of you who opine that the Brits are now a race of panty-waist chickens.... Login/Join 
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Think any of those guys play rugby? Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
Here in UK an Asian youth waving a big knife around sends all the wrong messages - maybe he was just trying to sell it? Or maybe he liked the way the sunlight glinted off the blade. Who knows?

Huh. I thought Lee Ho Fook was an “Asian” name; Muaz Tarafdar, not so much. Wink

I had the pleasure of working with a gentleman who came over to the United States as manager of the British Equestrian Team. SAS during WWII, he was certainly no panty-waist.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
Here in UK an Asian youth waving a big knife around sends all the wrong messages - maybe he was just trying to sell it? Or maybe he liked the way the sunlight glinted off the blade. Who knows?

Huh. I thought Lee Ho Fook was an “Asian” name; Muaz Tarafdar, not so much. Wink
There are 5 continents and Asia is largest by large margin. Western Asia (eg Saudi Arabia) and Central Asia (eg Kazakhstan) is part of the Asian continent but people look much different than the Asians of Southeast Asia (eg Vietnam)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tatortodd,

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Brits don't use the term "Middle Easterner" like we do to describe people from that region, they say "South Asian" or "Asian". Confusing.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Not all brits suck but their government is fucking awful. They are going to realize disarming good people only emboldens bad people.

+1
... on top of the Muslim invasion they are allowing which is causing crime to rise and making defending oneself all the more important.

They (the gov't) are bringing in an invasion force of people who are sworn and actively pursuing a course of search & destroy. AND, they're disarming their own people at the same time! I swear - anybody should be able to see how wrong that is. And, our politicians want to do the same thing. Only Trump stands against this insane, self-destructive plan. I find it mind-boggling.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

The Brits don't use the term "Middle Easterner" like we do to describe people from that region, they say "South Asian" or "Asian". Confusing.

Here in UK, Asian means Indian sub-continent, including India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Afghanistan, Burma, Thailand, Viet-nam and Laos.

FAR-Eastern is everybody else.

tac

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Cheers for the tacklers.

We don't understand why the government of Great Britain is hell-bent on disarming its citizens and prohibiting fighting back. And why some citizens go along with it, which we can only presume they do, since GB is a democracy.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not London. Good on the citizens for helping the local cops.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Not all brits suck but their government is ****ing awful. They are going to realize disarming good people only emboldens bad people.

+1.

Tac, I love England and the English people. I just see the country (from my limited perspective, of course) trending downward, with good people hampered by stupid laws that embolden criminals. Isn't it true that a citizen who uses force to protect their life can face criminal penalties?

I don't gloat over your plight; I weep for your country. You have fallen so far, and I truly want to see you achieve the greatness that you are capable of.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Tac, thanks for the uplifting video! I'm chuffed to see anyone standing up for the good guys!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I saw this elsewhere. The Brits are a proud capable people, who elect governments that choose to represent the immigrants and neglect the native population.

Time to spit on your hands and start slitting throats again Britain, figuratively, legislatively, and literally.

In the not too distant past, the world trembled at your name. I would like those days to return.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
that was good - watched it twice just to make sure he didn't get away the second time

love it

Big Grin

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post