SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    To all of you who opine that the Brits are now a race of panty-waist chickens....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

To all of you who opine that the Brits are now a race of panty-waist chickens.... Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Not all brits suck but their government is fucking awful. They are going to realize disarming good people only emboldens bad people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
What did the suspected knife carrier do?

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
This Dunstable grandmother is pretty badass too

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Good to see citizens taking action and helping law enforcement.

What did the guy with the knife do? Was it simple possession of a knife? Did he use it in a crime?

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
That was freaking awesome.
Here in the US there would be race riots and the Samaritans charged with a racist hate crime.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The guy from Millwall epitomized the Brit I love. I don't judge the Brits by their government and they shouldn't judge us by ours.

quote:
'F*** you, I’m Millwall'

https://www.independent.co.uk/...london-a7775246.html

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
The sweep off the bike was good, but the tackle in the crosswalk was EPIC!

Nice to know there's still folks that don't hide from everything.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15223 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
Good to see citizens taking action and helping law enforcement.

What did the guy with the knife do? Was it simple possession of a knife? Did he use it in a crime?

He had a freakin' big knife in Cardiff city centre and was waving it around as though he was set to begin using it.

According to Wales Online, the cyclist, named as 20-year-old Muaz Tarafdar, appeared at Cardiff Magistrates’ Court on Monday, April 16, and pleaded guilty to possession of a knife in a public place. He was sentenced to six months in prison and ordered to pay a £115 surcharge, the report said. Credit: Andy Brown via Storyful

You CAN have a knife, up to three and something inches long in the blade, but you'd better have a good reason for carrying it. Brandishing it in a threatening manner in a crowed city centre like Cardiff - the capital city of Wales - tends to get people a little concerned. Hell, in most places in the USA, failing to drop it when told to do so can get you shot dead. Here in UK an Asian youth waving a big knife around sends all the wrong messages - maybe he was just trying to sell it? Or maybe he liked the way the sunlight glinted off the blade. Who knows?

tac

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Representing him in court, Nia James told how Tarafdar had a "£10 a day crack cocaine habit" and had "significant difficulty with cannabis".

Muaz Tarafdar

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
^^^oh, well, that’s different. Never mind.
/Emily Latella/

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
A pity some senior citizen didn’t toddle over and hammer the hockey out of him with his cane.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Not all brits suck but their government is fucking awful. They are going to realize disarming good people only emboldens bad people.

+1
... on top of the Muslim invasion they are allowing which is causing crime to rise and making defending oneself all the more important.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24102 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Hahaha! Love it!

tac, I don't think so much "Brits are all Nancy boys" as "Why are they allowing their government to disarm them, and even deprive them of useful tools, because criminals abuse them?" At least that's my perspective.

Anyway: Thanks for posting that. It's great Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I give the dismount an 8.5 for the wobbly finish. As far as the Brits go, I think they are afflicted by the same PC pestilence we are. I consider them as brothers and equals. Our gov'ts are failing us, but we are strong and sound.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Great tackles!! I love it!!

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at the ankle in the slow motion as he gets shoved the first time. Must have had some serious adrenaline cause that ankle looks like it went the wrong direction. Not that I have any sympathy for him but that sucker is either broken or sprained pretty good. Good on the 2nd guy for tackling him as well.

Posts: 4760 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good show, jolly good show!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Thank God he didn't have a screwdriver! Eek

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Was the pedestrian arrested for assault with intent to kill?

I mean he'll get cleared by the judge but he's gotta go in the box and explain himself.

Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post