SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Flying in Formation: Christian "Birdman" Moullec
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flying in Formation: Christian "Birdman" Moullec Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted
Moullec rescues and rehabilitates wild birds, especially geese. His relationship with them allows him to fly his hang glider in formation with the birds. He videos these experiences and the result is pretty amazing:

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
That has to be one of the coolest things I've seen in a while. I would pay big bucks to do that, especially with that backdrop. Those copper or bronze colored ones were beautiful. Just watching the mechanics how they fly, when they glide and how they move their rudders, flaps, and ailerons is art mixed with science.

Bucket list now +1 item.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Very nice; thanks.

FWIW, though, that’s not a hang glider he’s flying. Hang gliders, as the name indicates, are gliders and are not powered. The video indicates it’s a “microlight” aircraft.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
That was amazing. Watch at full screen with the sound up. Like Skins, I would pay big bucks to do that.

Thanks for posting that.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very very cool. However, not to throw a wet blanket on this, but having the rear end of a goose that close to my face would be a little un-nerving until it moved over to my side.

Posts: 4055 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
So cool I had to watch it twice!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
That was amazing. Watch at full screen with the sound up. Like Skins, I would pay big bucks to do that.

Thanks for posting that.

Jim

Just watched it again on 65" TV, the looks of elation and wonderment on the people's faces were amazing.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
That has to be one of the coolest things I've seen in a while. I would pay big bucks to do that, especially with that backdrop.

Bucket list now +1 item.

Ditto.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
FWIW, though, that’s not a hang glider he’s flying. Hang gliders, as the name indicates, are gliders and are not powered. The video indicates it’s a “microlight” aircraft.

I saw that, and you are right, but I typed hang glider as a generic term.

posted Hide Post
WOW!! Totally amazing!

Flying in commercial aircraft makes me nervous but to have those wonderful birds allow one to fly with them, yep, put it on my list!!

Posts: 309 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Extremely cool, and beautiful.

I was a bit perplexed by the guy flying with the accordion.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I wonder if he ever reached out to touch the goose's rear hollering "Duck! Duck! GOOSE!!"

The images are mesmerizing.

To think human predation almost sent geese the way of the passenger pigeon. The money collected from Hunters was used to help establish programs to see the repopulation of the wild species. This is a perfect example of how humans and their behavior can and will bring species back from the brink.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31437 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Definitely amazing and bucket list worthy!

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post