SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    White people are only allowed to make white people food
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

White people are only allowed to make white people food Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
A few meals at Taco Bell will make a believer out of you!
Jim, there is a difference between appropriation and bastardization. Nothing wrong with two white women learning how to make a traditional Mexican tortillas, but there is something seriously wrong with calling Taco Bell Mexican food. Another example near and dear to you - chili. A non-Texan learning how to make Texas Red is perfectly fine, but somebody bastardizing it with beans, spaghetti, cinnamon, etc. and calling it chili (you rightfully call it succotash) ain't right.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
I think every Peets and Starbucks needs to close or should be run by an Italian, after all it's our heritage,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUKJWsnAAXs

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Are burritos even Mexican or more Amerxican? I have had plenty of tacos in Mexico but never a burrito.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Jesus I'm doomed. I just cooked a piece of fried chicken with a BBQ sauce (southern), served on a warm tortilla (Mexican), with sliced Kalamata olives (Greek) and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese (Italian).

I'll be sleeping with one eye open tonight!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Would love to see these idiots go after Rick Bayless or, even better, directly confront Gordon Ramsey.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So is this place OK then?:

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:

Not if it has any Mexican cooks.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:

Not if it has any Mexican cooks.
Big Grin Get with the times, Mexicans are now called White Hispanics. The only question is whether or not they're trashy. Big Grin

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
Huh? There are plenty of white Hispanics, but the vast majority of Mexicans wouldn't classify.

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
Huh? There are plenty of white Hispanics, but the vast majority of Mexicans wouldn't classify.
Phrase made up by the media after the Trayvon Martin shooting. Since Zimmerman wasn't a white guy who killed a black guy, the media had to make up the white hispanic phrase to fit their agenda.

Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
I'd look up the demographics of South America and research the whole "white hispanic" thing a bit more, tatortodd.

The exact same ethnic groups and nationalities that settled in the US also went to Argentina, Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia etc.

Look at Tom Brady's wife for reference.

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd look up the demographics of South America and research the whole "white hispanic" thing a bit more, tatortodd.

The exact same ethnic groups and nationalities that settled in the US also went to Argentina, Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia etc.

Look at Tom Brady's wife for reference.
I explained the reference, and whether or not you chose to accept it is up to you. The white hispanic nonsense has been discussed many times on here.

Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I explained the reference, and whether or not you chose to accept it is up to you. The white hispanic nonsense has been discussed many times on here.

Huh? I agree with you that Zimmerman is in no way a "white Hispanic", but you are messaging with one right now. I'm not joking about the number of whites/Caucasians in South America, there are about 200mm or so spread throughout LatAm.

It's as if you said "All South Africans are black", completely ignoring populations descended from English, Boer or Portuguese settlers.

For reference, this is a cousin of mine:

posted Hide Post
Oddly enough, I was talking with a politically like minded gun loving co-worker today about how current politics, mostly driven by the mentally defective Progressives, is sinking deeper into Bizzaro-World.

This story, which I will forward to him, perfectly exemplefies this.

When and where does this insane PC Correctness-Bullshit end?!

Should only black musicians be allowed to play and sing The Blues?

Should only people of Scandanavian descent be allowed to ski and ice skate?

Should only the chinese be allowed to light off fireworks?

Should only Germans be allowed to shoot older Sigs?

It's fucking nuts I say!!

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Huh? I agree with you that Zimmerman is in no way a "white Hispanic", but you are messaging with one right now. I'm not joking about the number of whites/Caucasians in South America, there are about 200mm or so spread throughout LatAm.

It's as if you said "All South Africans are black", completely ignoring populations descended from English, Boer or Portuguese settlers.
Seriously? I made a joking post (notice the smilies on both sides of it) and when questioned I explained my intent. You're taking it personally and twisting it a way never intended or explained.

Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seriously? I made a joking post (notice the smilies on both sides of it) and when questioned I explained my intent. You're taking it personally and twisting it a way never intended or explained.

No worries - and my apologies.

I just run into a bunch of people on a fairly regular basis that believe all Hispanics are a. Mexicans and b. indigenous. Sorry for bringing that into the conversation Smile

Also, during the Zimmerman thing it was maddening to hear that real "white Hispanics" don't, in reality, exist. We are a minority, but a pretty damn big minority.

Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Knew a red headed Mexican that grew up in Mexico City. Turns out there were lots of confederates that fled the South after the civil war and settle in Mexico (also Brazil) wonder how his food truck would go over?

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Lets see here, these women were influenced by Mexican recipes that were influenced by Spanish recipes that were influenced by Roman recipes when Spain was part of their Hispania region.

Wait a second here. Hispania is a Latin term!!

I'm confused. Eek

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 21 year old daughter, of Western European ancestry, was born in Panama and has the Panamanian birth certificate to prove it. She is no less "Hispanic" or "Latina" than any other young woman born in Latin America or born of Hispanic parents here in the US. I've told her to make sure to check that box when it comes to applying to medical or dental school next fall. Wink

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5159 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Quite a few Mexicans in Baja are Chinese, or used to be.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post