SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    White people are only allowed to make white people food
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

White people are only allowed to make white people food Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I heard this on Michael Berry's radio program yesterday.
It qualifies for "head explosion".
People have been taking/learning/modifying others recipes since the beginning of time. Eek
K A B O O M Mad

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Time to boycott McDonald's!

I just stopped there for lunch and tried their Pico Guac Lime burger. How dare they appropriate those ingredients? I want every board member without clear Latino heritage fired yesterday!

PS burger was not bad, I make a very similar one at home minus the lime, I think I will add a squirt of fresh lime to mine next time I make time. Hopefully no abuelitas will suffer harm next time I make them.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
"This week in white nonsense"

The fuck outta here

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
That one of the dumbest things I have ever read.

If white Conservatives followed their lead, we would kick every:
  • Hispanic person out of the kitchen of restaurants not serving Mexican, Brazilian, Peruvian, etc. No more hibachi chefs at Benihana named Juan.
  • African American person out of the kitchen of restaurants not serving soul food or African (eg Ethiopian)food.

• It could go farther than that. I may have missed the African contribution to the development of representative democracy. If there wasn't, then no Senate or Congressional seats for the foul 'appropriators' of 'white' culture.

Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

It devolves so rapidly and catastrophically, that it is only those who feel they are somehow 'protected' from being recognized as poisonously racist that can spew that kind of nonsense.

When white supremacists spew this stuff, they get called, and rightly so. These precious numbskulls think they're above criticism.

They would last maybe 10 minutes in SIGforum. Snowflakes, meet blowtorch! Smile

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Can't get this off my mind when reading the title of this thread.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2QR8sBunxM

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Caribou gorn
    Picture of YellowJacket
    posted Hide Post
    Only eating at "authentic" restaurants is ones prerogative. When in Italy, I don't eat at Italian restaurants where all of the workers are Chinese.

However, to try and shame someone for something like "cultural appropriation" is one of the more asinine things the left does, amongst a literal sea of idiocy.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Political Cynic
    Picture of nhtagmember
    posted Hide Post
    the gene pool is in dire need of a cleansing

bleach isn't strong enough

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Article=absurd. The comments below still give me hope...

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    It would be sad if it weren't in Portlandia, which makes it funny. They earned it, enjoy watching them eat their own.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Frangas non Flectes
    Picture of P220 Smudge
    posted Hide Post
    Angry black millennial mocking white people for trying to succeed. Good stuff, helps everybody. Roll Eyes

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    His diet consists of black
    coffee, and sarcasm.
    Picture of egregore
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Skins2881:
    Time to boycott McDonald's!

I just stopped there for lunch and tried their Pico Guac Lime burger.

A year, maybe two, ago we had a discussion over a Hispanic girl pissed off about its being called "guac."

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Purveyor of
    Fine Avatars
    Picture of Orguss
    posted Hide Post
    The best Cajun restaurant I've eaten at was run by Chinese. Sorry, but I'm gonna enjoy it and not care who owns it.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Little ray
    of sunshine
    Picture of jhe888
    posted Hide Post
    All cultures appropriate. Cultures merge, blend, separate, and borrow from each other. It has always been that way, and it will always be that way. It is the way humans behave.

And if white people making tacos is wrong, I agree - I better not see any Mexicans making chicken fried steak. But you know what - it isn't Mexicans (in general) complaining about cultural appropriation. Only the people who could be in the cast of "Portlandia" have time for that shit.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Now, I'll have to avoid the Japanese restaurants in Tucson owned and run by Koreans.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Did you come from behind
    that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
    posted Hide Post
    I hope I don't have to give up my favorite Japanese-Jewish restaurant.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    I believe in the
    principle of
    Due Process
    Picture of JALLEN
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by parabellum:
    quote:
    Originally posted by JALLEN:
    It's only smart.
    Listen to what you're saying. You cannot actually believe this.

A few meals at Taco Bell will make a believer out of you!

Decent Mexican food is found at restaurants staffed, preferably owned, by real Mexicans. Non-ethnic imitators never seem to get the hang of it.

Of course, I have lived my entire life near and around Mexicans, lots of them.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of mikeyspizza
    posted Hide Post
    Just proves that SJWs are fucking wimps. This is how stolen recipes are handled in the real world:

Owner Of Iconic Brooklyn Pizza Joint Shot Dead In Suspected Mob Hit After Stolen Sauce Scandal

New York Times Story on Same

Eek

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Conveniently located directly
    above the center of the Earth
    Picture of signewt
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    How dare they appropriate those ingredients? I want every board member without clear Latino heritage fired yesterday!

....there goes another investment opportunity.....Portlandia chain offering soul food and Mexican dishes, now defunct "Nacho Mamas"....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
    "I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
    ~SIGforum advisor~
    "When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Tubetone
    posted Hide Post
    I made my own recipe for stuffed bell peppers years ago. My wife made some last night and it made me wonder from whom I had appropriated it. Mine has a certain amount of cayenne.

Spain: Pimientos Rellenos de Arroz con Salsa de Tomates — Bell pepper stuffed with Valencia or arborio rice and saffron, then cooked in a tomato sauce

India: Bharawn Shimla Mirch — Bell pepper stuffed with spiced mashed potatoes

Tunisia: Fil Fil Mashsi — Bell pepper stuffed with lamb, rice, and sprinkled with nutmeg, saffron and cardamom

Mexico: Chile Rellenos — Poblano pepper stuffed with carnitas meat, kielbasa and topped with cheddar cheese

Denmark: Fyldte Peberfrugter — Bell pepper stuffed with bulgur, mushrooms and kale Hungary: Toltott Paprika — Bell pepper stuffed with ground meat, rice and paprika. Served with sour cream

United States: Classic Stuffed Peppers — Bell pepper stuffed with ground beef, rice and tomato sauce

Romania: Ardei Umpluti — Bell peppers stuffed with pork and rice and served in a creamy sour cream sauce

Korea: Gochu Jeon — Chili peppers stuffed with tofu

Philippines: Pandak na tao pinalamanan peppers — Bell peppers stuffed with shrimp, pork and water chestnuts

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of ftttu
    posted Hide Post
    This is as bad as that white guy with dreadlocks getting grief from that black lady who claimed he was stealing her culture or something like that. This is beyond ridiculous, and there should be an instant stop to this crap or it will eventually take hold somewhere other than Portlandia.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1164 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post