SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    White people are only allowed to make white people food
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

White people are only allowed to make white people food Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Portland, OR. That explains it.

I think I'm going to go to all the Panda Expresses and express outrage that the food isn't made by Asians!

Same thing with Taco Bell unless everyone there is Mexican.

Places like Portland deserve this shit because they asked for it.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I'll make ya a deal: I'll give up ethnic foods if you give up "appropriating" stuff invented by white guys.

You know, like airplanes, cars, computers, TV, interstates, air conditioning...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
My heritage is Italian, and we had this little thing called "The Renaissance." So... back to the dark ages, all you non-Italian bastards! And drop that slice of pizza this minute! Drop it! Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
That one of the dumbest things I have ever read.

If white Conservatives followed their lead, we would kick every:
  • Hispanic person out of the kitchen of restaurants not serving Mexican, Brazilian, Peruvian, etc. No more hibachi chefs at Benihana named Juan.
  • African American person out of the kitchen of restaurants not serving soul food or African (eg Ethiopian)food.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23253 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bad dog!
    Picture of justjoe
    posted Hide Post
    An idea that is stupid in itself and ignorant of history. No culture stands by itself, without influence from other cultures, in a constant give-and-take. The Italian Renaissance, for example, was deeply indebted to ancient Greek and Roman cultures-- took its inspiration from those cultures.

America is plagued with whiners who are always on the lookout for some new way to bitch and moan.

Ignore the fools.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    delicately calloused
    Picture of darthfuster
    posted Hide Post
    The answer is simple and found in one true principle. There is no such thing as 'cultural appropriation' in a free country.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Sigless in
    Indiana
    Picture of IndianaBoy
    posted Hide Post
    Some days I just want to watch all the damn snowflakes land on a hot tin roof.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
    posted Hide Post
    Apparently some had run out of intelligent things to worry about so they have to invent idiotic ones.

The fact is that some media play this up as if it's a huge number of people pushing it when in fact it's a few idiots that demand media attention.

Richard Scalzo
    Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Conveniently located directly
    above the center of the Earth
    Picture of signewt
    posted Hide Post
    Portland the new tower of Babel

**************~~~~~~~~~~
    "I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
    ~SIGforum advisor~
    "When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    I believe in the
    principle of
    Due Process
    Picture of JALLEN
    posted Hide Post
    It's only smart.

I avoid Mexican restaurants unless I know real Mexicans work there. Same with Chinese, Italian, Greek.

Intellectual property appropriation is a decent business model. Nearly every Mexican female can make darn good tortillas, so where is the proprietary idea?

Ralph Rubio spent his youth vacationing in San Felipe, Baja California. When he started college at San Diego State, he set up a stand near campus selling fish tacos that he and his family enjoyed in San Felipe. One thing led to another and Rubio's Fish Tacos got to be a major business. I've eaten many hundreds of them, very tasty indeed!

I believe he eventually sold it to some east coast restaurant chain for a couple hundred million. We lived about 50 yards from the Rubios in Coronado.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Coin Sniper
    Picture of Rightwire
    posted Hide Post
    I think I missed the underlying point of her article last night. It is clear to me now that the theme is

White people = bad
    Everyone else = good

I think there is a racism message hidden in there too., Just can't quite put my finger on it....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by JALLEN:
    It's only smart.
    Listen to what you're saying. You cannot actually believe this.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    thin skin can't win
    Picture of Georgeair
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    stolen intellectual property

sweetbabjeebus Roll Eyes

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Sigforum K9 handler
    Picture of jljones
    posted Hide Post
    That was chocked full of the USDA's daily recommended value of stupid.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    אַרְיֵה
    Picture of V-Tail
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by JALLEN:
    I avoid Mexican restaurants unless I know real Mexicans work there. Same with Chinese, Italian, Greek.
    Me too. I only go to Chinese, Italian, and Greek restaurants if I know for sure that real Mexicans work there.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    always with a hat or sunscreen
    Picture of bald1
    posted Hide Post
    Honestly this insanity that has infected our culture to too great a degree has me being thankful I'm as old as I am. I don't think I could tolerate this shit for more than the years remaining to me.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
    USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Cogito Ergo Sum
    posted Hide Post
    Instead of calling them tortillas they should have called them wraps.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Go ahead punk, make my day
    posted Hide Post
    Personally, since I want GOOD ETHNIC food, I usually go to the Greek place run by the Greeks, the Thai place run by the Thai family, the Mexican place making real Mexican food, not Mexish-American-iNEEDchipsandCHEESE places.

That shouldn't prevent anyone from making anything, in any business model they see fit, however. I have just been repeatedly disappointed by places that aren't run like that.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    So, if one of Donald Trump's high end restaurants refused to hire a well qualified, American citizen of Mexican descent - just because he was "of Mexican descent" - what kind of firestorm would that ignite?

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    A Grateful American
    Picture of sigmonkey
    posted Hide Post
    I have contracted selective deafness, optional oriented blindness, and indulgent ignorance.

Fuck the whole lot of these morons with this and similar mental disorder.

It is like living in some Sci-Fi story, where two dimensions overlap. I may be able to see their dimension, but I don't have to abide in it.

I'll do as I damned well please.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post