SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    **Update GG flat faced trigger installed pg 3**Guns guns guns NRA 2017 Convention Atlanta
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

**Update GG flat faced trigger installed pg 3**Guns guns guns NRA 2017 Convention Atlanta Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220.10mm:
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
"Coonan's new 45ACP and 357 Commander-ish guns. Still heavy and rattley"

So, you're not a big Coonan fan? What would you suggest they do to make them better?

Thanks for the great pics and report!

I just feel like the fit and finish isn't conducive to a gun that's $1000+. The slide to frame fit is atrocious. The bead blasting on the matte rounds is course in appearance not a fine glass bead finish. The beavertail area looks like an after thought. For my money they aren't worth it. I would much rather spend $900 on a S&W performance center 627 if you want 8 shots of 357. As far as the 45 version I just don't see them doing anything better than a standard 1911.

So, what do you think about Jerry Miculek , and his reviews of shooting the Coonan .357?

I haven't seen them. I don't really care to because I'm not in the market for one. Him praising them isn't going to make the gun any lighter or improve it's fit and finish. If I'm going to spend close to $1500 for a gun it better not look like a $300 AMT Hardballer from 1984. My other issue with the Coonan is that you have a gun with a smooth front strap, smooth back strap, and smooth grips that shoots a cartridge with more muzzle rise and felt recoil then a traditional 45. Why not grease up the grip frame while they are at it.

This suits me just fine for my 357 "hi-cap" needs

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
"Coonan's new 45ACP and 357 Commander-ish guns. Still heavy and rattley"

So, you're not a big Coonan fan? What would you suggest they do to make them better?

Thanks for the great pics and report!

I just feel like the fit and finish isn't conducive to a gun that's $1000+. The slide to frame fit is atrocious. The bead blasting on the matte rounds is course in appearance not a fine glass bead finish. The beavertail area looks like an after thought. For my money they aren't worth it. I would much rather spend $900 on a S&W performance center 627 if you want 8 shots of 357. As far as the 45 version I just don't see them doing anything better than a standard 1911.

So, what do you think about Jerry Miculek , and his reviews of shooting the Coonan .357?

I haven't seen them. I don't really care to because I'm not in the market for one. Him praising them isn't going to make the gun any lighter or improve it's fit and finish. If I'm going to spend close to $1500 for a gun it better not look like a $300 AMT Hardballer from 1984.

This suits me just fine for my 357 "hi-cap" needs

Thanks for your opinion. You've really showed how open minded that you are. Have a great day! Oh, your comments are way beyond ridiculous.

Rick

Posts: 53 | Registered: May 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Well it's a good thing this is a free country and we are both entitled to our opinions Mr. Coonan. Razz

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well it's a good thing this is a free country and we are both entitled to our opinions Mr. Coonan. Razz

Actually, I'm a SIG guy that just happens to own a Coonan. Oh, I've owned a few AMT's also. One that just so happened to be built by Jim Boland. Like my Coonan, it shot holes through holes, the same way my Python did. BTW, your dollar figures are a little low for what I paid for my duracoat Classic. Your comments did not rain on my parade. Funny that people who are currently buying them, are very happy when they get them, and go to the range. Oh, when you spend a little more, you can get the aluminum Lazer etched checkered grips, which are kick ass. :-)

Rick

Posts: 53 | Registered: May 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the awesome review. I'm going to regret not
going but maybe I'll make up for it with a trip to Blade
or a Knob Creek fall visit.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Eagerly awaiting confirmation that the GGI straight face trigger will work in the DAK P226 and P229.
I may not get to it until next week. The Boss is off for nine days and I have volunteer commitments all day Saturday.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post