SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    **Update GG flat faced trigger installed pg 3**Guns guns guns NRA 2017 Convention Atlanta
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

**Update GG flat faced trigger installed pg 3**Guns guns guns NRA 2017 Convention Atlanta Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
The Colt did have a sweet trigger but it looks like a Charter Arms. Fit and finish leave a lot to be desired.

Ugg. I was hoping they looked better in person. I'd still like to hold one though.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the write up and pics.

Wish that I had the ability to have gotten down to the meeting this year.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pictures! Very excited for the P220 Legion SAO!

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Kinda of excited for the possibility of the hk p7 information; though I don't want to get my hopes up.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I've eschewed "tupperware" guns for a long time basically because they didn't fit my hand with it's short trigger finger. Ergos were usually also "block" like which turned me off as well. Closest I ever came was a KelTec P11 which was passed off as the trigger was an abomination.

I've been a 1911 fitted with short triggers and a BHP fan as well for literally decades. Wanted to love the CZ75 series but the trigger reach was just too long.

So I have high hopes that the CZ P10C with the flattest grip insert might just be a break through for me: not too fat as a double stacker and the trigger comfortably within reach. We'll see.... Certainly the trigger and impulse shown in the video on the CZ site are big positives.

Huge kudos to Dusty for his photographs and comments! Well done!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16182 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I installed the flat face Gray Guns trigger (P-STR8 dual adjustable trigger) in my M11-A1. I'm not gonna lie and say I know exactly what the second adjustment is for. The one screw is for the overtravel just like the P-SAIT from them. I will say I really like it. I feel like the double action stroke is shorter. I'm a sucker for flat faced triggers and I will likely be buying more. The over travel was perfect as it came. I took the P-SAIT trigger that was in my M11-A1 and put it in my DAK 224. I was told that these do not work with single stack P series guns in 9mm. Not sure about the 220.

Pics...

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Politically offensive
Picture of WarEagle
posted Hide Post
I bought one of those flat triggers after I tried one on the P226 Legion in Grayguns case. Excellent trigger! I'm installing this in my old P228 when I get home.

I still have more to see at the convention!

Regards, WarEagle
NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 2341 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: October 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Amazing! Thanks for all the info & pics. Cool

Q

Posts: 26333 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
I got a flat face, instead of an intermediate trigger today for my well loved P229 DAK. I will let everyone know, especially Roy how it goes.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was told that these do not work with single stack P series guns in 9mm. Not sure about the 220.

It is probably better stated that they will not work in the 239, or any 225 guns. They will fit in any of the current production 220s, regardless of caliber.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
On the Grayguns site, the flat faced trigger is listed for a Sig P320. Do I understand correctly that the flat faced trigger will fit any/every Sig (except the 239 or 225)? Is that correct?

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
On the Grayguns site, the flat faced trigger is listed for a Sig P320. Do I understand correctly that the flat faced trigger will fit any/every Sig (except the 239 or 225)? Is that correct?

No the flat face classic p-series trigger isn't available on their site yet.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Eagerly awaiting confirmation that the GGI straight face trigger will work in the DAK P226 and P229.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47396 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Coonan's new 45ACP and 357 Commander-ish guns. Still heavy and rattley"

So, you're not a big Coonan fan? What would you suggest they do to make them better?

Thanks for the great pics and report!

Rick

Posts: 53 | Registered: May 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:

So, where do you get 'em? --Never mind, I found the thread discussing this. They will be on the Grayguns website soon....

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Eagerly awaiting confirmation that the GGI straight face trigger will work in the DAK P226 and P229.

I know the PSAIT definitely does. I don't see why the flat faced wouldn't.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220.10mm:

So, you're not a big Coonan fan? What would you suggest they do to make them better?

I just feel like the fit and finish isn't conducive to a gun that's $1000+. The slide to frame fit is atrocious. The bead blasting on the matte rounds is course in appearance not a fine glass bead finish. The beavertail area looks like an after thought. For my money they aren't worth it. I would much rather spend $900 on a S&W performance center 627 if you want 8 shots of 357. As far as the 45 version I just don't see them doing anything better than a standard 1911.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:

So, where do you get 'em? --Never mind, I found the thread discussing this. They will be on the Grayguns website soon....

Hopefully end of the week-ish.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I shook hands with Hickok45 and his son at Daniel Defense's booth.

Here he is holding DD's new suppressor:

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by P220.10mm:

I just feel like the fit and finish isn't conducive to a gun that's $1000+. The slide to frame fit is atrocious. The bead blasting on the matte rounds is course in appearance not a fine glass bead finish. The beavertail area looks like an after thought. For my money they aren't worth it. I would much rather spend $900 on a S&W performance center 627 if you want 8 shots of 357. As far as the 45 version I just don't see them doing anything better than a standard 1911.

So, what do you think about Jerry Miculek , and his reviews of shooting the Coonan .357?

Rick

Posts: 53 | Registered: May 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post