SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Handbrake users a moment of your time
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Handbrake users a moment of your time Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I use handbrake to rip the DVDs I buy so I have a digital copy and when we buy movies for the kidos and I can put them on a thumb drive or SD card for their tablets.
Most of the time I do full length movies and when I pull the source file it seems to default to the longest track and so far it has always been the proper one and I rip that.

Where I run into problems are the DVDs that have lots of short episodes and they all happen to be the exact same length.

IE - Their Paw Patrol DVDs I have Handbrake read the source and their are 99 tracks and since all the episodes are exactly the same length. I have to go through and cherry pick making previews that are 60 seconds long so I can get past the little paw patrol song and see the episode title.
Is there any way to make this easier to determine which titles are which?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I thought we were going to be talking about how to pull j-turns in a minivan.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd use a viewer first like VLC. there's a way to turn on a debug or info window somewhere where you can see the title number you're currently playing. just clicky through >>| fast forwards or such and take note of the title numbers you want to rip.

Posts: 231 | Location: Reidville, SC | Registered: October 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One True IcePick
Picture of eyrich
posted Hide Post
Open the DVD in VLC, select the episode/show from the dvd menu, wait to start playing and then click Playback -> title, will show the one currently running.

Posts: 858 | Location: IL | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:

-Rob

I agree with Rob.
I does take a good bit of practice//skill to perfectly execute a correct Bat turn.

(For you youngsters, I'm speaking of the skill possessed by the only true Batman, the late Adam West).

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For file management purposes the general file naming structure should look something like <Seires Name> <Season><Episode #> <Episode Title>, ie. Paw Patrol S01E01 <Title>. When working with dvds the titles that handbrake list should correspond to the episode number, but will start over with each disk in the season. It has been a while but there is software that can rename your files if you follow the namong convention I used above minus the episode title and will add the title for you by using an online database. Take a look at the following options:

TV Rename
The Renamer

Posts: 39 | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:

-Rob

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I use another free program first called MakeMKV, which lets me easily choose what tracks to rip. It also helps identify then to some extent. Then I run them through Handbrake rto cut the file size down.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
I use another free program first called MakeMKV, which lets me easily choose what tracks to rip. It also helps identify then to some extent. Then I run them through Handbrake rto cut the file size down.

I have MakeMKV as well. Not used it too much as I only use it for the better quality rip which I don’t bother with for the kids cartoons.
I’ll have to take a peak to see how it does for the Paw Patrol.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grinder:
For file management purposes the general file naming structure should look something like <Seires Name> <Season><Episode #> <Episode Title>, ie. Paw Patrol S01E01 <Title>. When working with dvds the titles that handbrake list should correspond to the episode number, but will start over with each disk in the season. It has been a while but there is software that can rename your files if you follow the namong convention I used above minus the episode title and will add the title for you by using an online database. Take a look at the following options:

TV Rename
The Renamer

+1 for the Renamer. Great piece of software. Customizable to how you want your naming conventions. Sometimes TV shows are a little tricky, due to different databases having different info, but it works great.

Posts: 1029 | Location: CT | Registered: March 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Yeah, renaming is important too. My Plex works a lot better when files follow the conventions it uses. I use FileBot for this.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MediaCenterMaster does a REALLY good job of detecting/renaming/downloading info for movies.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post