SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rosenstein Suggested He Secretly Record Trump and Discussed 25th Amendment
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rosenstein Suggested He Secretly Record Trump and Discussed 25th Amendment Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
wonder if Kelly will pat him down for a wire?

I think they'll send him back over to DOJ, and say "get back to work"

Make him wait, all day for nothing. Tell him to come back tomorrow.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
BTW, Trump is in NYC today for the UN dog, pony and sheep show...

so unlikely Rod is heading over to the White House to play OK Corral with Sessions and Kelly.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think the Dems are trying to goad Trump into getting rid of Rosenstein, this whole NYT article stinks of a setup to me.

Posts: 33602 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
BTW, Trump is in NYC today for the UN dog, pony and sheep show...

I assumed he was back in DC by now.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Rosenstien was just summoned to the white house. Getting fired!!!

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:

he's resigning due to his conflicts with signing FISA now that Trump is declassifying the document. Trump now gets to pick a temp AAG based on the Vacancies Reform Act of 1998 for 210 days. they just have to be appointed by the senate for other positions.

Fun Times

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.f4e6ecad9a54

Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein has told White House officials he is willing to resign in the wake of revelations that he once suggested secretly recording the president, but it is unclear whether the resignation has been accepted, according to White House officials.

One Justice Department official said Rosenstein was on his way to the White House Monday and is preparing to be fired. But the official said Rosenstein is not resigning.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
posted Hide Post
quote:

check prior pages...

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah we'll see. I somehow don't think so.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Don't think he's going to get fired, even though he deserves it; also, it seems to be a classic Trump move....Trump with laser pointer & demoCats trying to catch the dot.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
BREAKING NEWS: DEPUTY ATTORNEY GENERAL ROD ROSENSTEIN IS REPORTEDLY RESIGNING
by Kevin Ryan

UPDATED 11:20am et - Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein is resigning, according to an Axios report:

“Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has verbally resigned to Chief of Staff John Kelly in anticipation of being fired by President Trump, according to a source with direct knowledge.

“Per a second source with direct knowledge: ‘He’s expecting to be fired,’ so plans to step down.“

The Washington Post is reporting that Rosenstein has told White House officials he is willing to resign in the wake of revelations he once suggested secretly recording the president, but it’s unclear if the resignation has been accepted, according to people familiar with the matter.

The New York Times published a story last week alleging that in early 2017, Rosenstein talked about invoking the 25th Amendment and wearing a wire during Trump meetings. He denies both allegations.

If Rosenstein's resignation is accepted, Noel Francisco, the solicitor general, would be in charge of the Russia probe. Francisco is the next Senate-confirmed Justice Department official in line. The No. 3 person in the department, Associate Attorney General Rachel Brand, resigned in February, and the Trump administration hasn’t picked a replacement.

Francisco, a prominent Republican lawyer, clerked for Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia and worked in the Justice Department during the George W. Bush administration. The Senate confirmed Francisco as solicitor general, the lawyer who represents the government’s agenda before the Supreme Court, in September 2017 on a 50-47 party-line vote.

Developing story...

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think they'll send him back over to DOJ, and say "get back to work"

Make him wait, all day for nothing. Tell him to come back tomorrow.

The news media is NOT talking about Kavanaugh...
They have successfully changed the narrative. Wink Cool

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23943 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
BREAKING NEWS: DEPUTY ATTORNEY GENERAL ROD ROSENSTEIN IS REPORTEDLY RESIGNING
by Kevin Ryan

UPDATED 11:20am et - Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein is resigning, according to an Axios report:

This is already old news.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Festina Lente
posted Hide Post
After one initial report indicated the embattled No. 2 at DOJ had already quit, a source told Fox News he has neither resigned nor been fired as of noon. He is still deputy attorney general, for now.

He was attending a previously scheduled “Principles Committee” meeting at the White House in place of Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who is still en route to Washington from Alabama.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...-expects-firing.html

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, wait, I thought it was all some elaborate, brilliant trick to get President Trump to fire him. Roll Eyes

Explain this to me again. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
White House: Rosenstein to meet with Trump on Thursday

http://video.foxnews.com/v/583...4001/?#sp=show-clips

Posts: 12577 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, no, the President shouldn't do that. It's a trap, set by these 'BRILLIANT' people.

posted Hide Post
Better check him for a wire Thursday.

Posts: 12577 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's a pool party. He should arrive wearing swim trunks only.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Unless you are Joe Biden.

You know, the former VP who often swam nude in front of his female Secret Service officers in his security detail.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post