SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Don't bring a truck to a tank fight.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't bring a truck to a tank fight. Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted

Abrams M-1 is more effective than "Stop Sticks"...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Is that truck or van suspicious?
Do you think it might contain an IED?
You don't want to risk EOD taking a peek?

Your local tank has the solution!

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Ahhh not a tanker but dam those pics look good. I'll have to ask my friend if he has any videos like that. I know he does Wink

They say tanks are are dying breed on the modern battlefield...I will say this. No one on the modern battlefield has ever turned down tanks Wink Matter of fact on every patrol brief I can remember a section of tanks was always requested...I wonder why?

Nothing to do with the OP, but as a mechanic I just love the STAB showing in this video.

Truly Poetry in motion!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That blowed up good.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
I seriously doubt that will buff out.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
In Iraq, armor was awesome. Sure, streets were tight and angles were odd but they provided the necessary cover most of the time. The only time I felt safer was when we had a gunship of some sort watching from above, though I and 7 others were almost victims of a newly minted Apache pilot with an itchy trigger finger. Eek

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Gotta love the Rheinmetall 120 mm gun.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
I don't think that's going to buff out.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1893 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
That blowed up good.

Sure did.

I wonder... Was that a VBIED, or do all trucks blow up that good when hit with a HE round?

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
That was awesome!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Tanks, when it absolutely positively has to be destroyed right now!

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I wonder... Was that a VBIED, or do all trucks blow up that good when hit with a HE round?

Oh I definently go VBIED. HEAT rounds aren't that cool. I actually wonder what kind of rounds we gave them.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post