SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    grill cover that lasts ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

grill cover that lasts ? Login/Join 
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted
I had a decent one that lasted a year or so. Then bought the $9.99 version and it only lasted a few months (ripped in two places - due to wind I guess).

Who makes a grill cover that will last several years ?

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
The 9.99 ones are made of vinyl. Vinyl sucks.

You want one made of nylon.

Here's one on Amazon for like $20.

https://www.amazon.com/Scala-M...keywords=grill+cover

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
^ I used to have that one from Amazon, and it was great. Check out those reviews.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
What grill are you looking to cover?

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I have had decent wear from the Char Broil line on both a small grill I used to have and a small smoker currently.

Amazon link.

The law of inverse price/durability plagues me with these two below. The one on the BGE is 5 years old and still good:

The one on my smoker is a small car cover, and I've had to make the choice of replacing every 12-18 months at $50 or spending 4 times that for uncertain improvement.... Mainly due to what Texans apparently call a regular breeze, but we called an impending hurricane in AL...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Georgeair,

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12413 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depending on how much you want to spend you should check out the-cover-store.com. They have 3 series of covers for grills, patio furniture, etc.

I've had their high-end Ultima cover on a Weber grill for 4 years in the Colorado snow and sun and it's holding up very well. They seem to run lots of sales so you might get one at better than advertised price.

----

Posts: 164 | Registered: May 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Don't know if it will fit your particular grill, but Weber's grill covers come with a 3 year warranty. If it fails, you get a new one. The current version is polyester. Mine is over 3 1/2 years old and looks almost new. It's light weight and doesn't trap moisture.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
thanks for the tips guys. I'll look at Cover Store and Weber. If I could get a warranty for 3 yrs, that would be good. I've never had one last more than 1.5...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you haven't purchased yet, take a look at Duck Brand covers. Mine is 3 years old and so far so good. They are not so expensive that if needing replacement I just go ahead and change them out. I am pretty sure mine will last through this year but maybe need to be replaced next. Hot sun and cold winters take their toll on covers here.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
Personally, I suggest the Classic Accessories grill covers that can be found on Amazon. Just be careful, as there are times when the Amazon system "substitutes" crap, nylon covers from China or somewhere when the original Classic Accessories stuff is not in stock.

I got one of the rip-off copies, the seller told me they would give me a substantial discount on it and I told them no, take it back, and I'm not paying for return shipping. They quickly gave me a full refund and the crap cover went into the garbage.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I have had a Weber propane in the desert for going on 15 years now. The only cover I find to be necessary is something over the drip pan, so the dogs and other animals don't get into it. I use cut up pieces of USPS small priority mail boxes for this. One box make two pan covers. Other environments may require other methods, though.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Bringing this back up. In need of a new cover. I bought this one in April of 2018

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...08_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My hand went through it last night, I wonder if a got a cheap copy as steve495 said above. For the price I may just order it again. Any other recommendations?

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased a number of cheap covers that did not hold up.

This year I broke down and bought a Weber cover for my genesis grill. So far so good. Nylon and water proof. It did cost more $$.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vanwall:
I purchased a number of cheap covers that did not hold up.

This year I broke down and bought a Weber cover for my genesis grill. So far so good. Nylon and water proof. It did cost more $$.

I bought a Weber cover for my Performer 5 years ago and it is holding up very well. I paid around $30 for it. It's one of those buy once, cry once deals.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post