SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Law Enforcement Tactics - Reasonable or Not?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Law Enforcement Tactics - Reasonable or Not? Login/Join 
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I assisted FBI and gang units last night on a warrant with lots of dope and lots of stolen guns. no press. no cameras. Suspects arrested and whisked away to the grey bar hotel with little delay.

I don't know any LEO's who want any contact with the press and this includes the three letter guys. I don't believe LEO's are using the press to build any ones name. The powers that be use the press to massage their own egos and get attention from their bosses so they can take credit for there teams work. It has nothing to do with actual law enforcement officers. This is about former LEO's who are now politicians and it is disturbing. These are the same fools who have the congratulatory press conferences after the bad guy arrest where everyone is thanking everyone like they just won an oscar or an emmy. It is shameful as the real people who did the real work are never recognized.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
I assisted FBI and gang units last night on a warrant with lots of dope and lots of stolen guns. no press. no cameras. Suspects arrested and whisked away to the grey bar hotel with little delay.

I don't know any LEO's who want any contact with the press and this includes the three letter guys. I don't believe LEO's are using the press to build any ones name. The powers that be use the press to massage their own egos and get attention from their bosses so they can take credit for there teams work. It has nothing to do with actual law enforcement officers. This is about former LEO's who are now politicians and it is disturbing. These are the same fools who have the congratulatory press conferences after the bad guy arrest where everyone is thanking everyone like they just won an oscar or an emmy. It is shameful as the real people who did the real work are never recognized.

But the troops on the ground were only successful because the inpsired great leadership and expert management provided by the bosses. Roll Eyes Yep, been there more than a few times. Funny how times a command staff house cat got an award for something I did.

EVERYTHING in the quoted post by gw3971 is right on target.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I feel kind of sorry for the Feds sometimes. They are forced to play political theater to justify their budgets to Congress. With very few exceptions the three letter guys I encountered were good guys, and usually pretty good shots, too. That it is FBI protocol to use 5 agents to effect an arrest does not mean they are a bunch of scaredycats. Over the years I got used to Feds hogging credit and media time. They have to do it, and Often, off the record, would apologize for it. We sure made lots of good drug busts, and The State Highway patrol even more, based on good info from DEA. The Marshals, the Marshals get a bit cowboy-like.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post