SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does anybody know a good source for bunny boots???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anybody know a good source for bunny boots??? Login/Join 
posted
I'd like to find s pair in a size 12 but it's getting tough. I suppose I could go the eBay route but I'd prefer not to.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
http://bunnyboots.com/

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're talking about the Vapor Barrier (VB) boots, I wore them when I was stationed in Fairbanks 45+ years ago. Sorry, I had to turn mine in.

But here's a source in your state:

http://bunnyboots.com/

Dang, Sig 2340 can type fast!! Here's another source, this says the white boots are rated to -60:

http://go-armynavy.com/militar...key-mouse-boots.html

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent an email to the bunnyboots.com people but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
www.amazon.com

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hated my bunny boots. Heavy. Clunky. I wore the GI Mukluks.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
What's your plan?
Snowmobile riding.

Bunny boots are not made for walking.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

Absolutely! In my opinion they were one of my most hated issued items. Luckily we were able to wear most ANYthing when it was REALLY cold, I had a set of Schnee's pak boots. The bunny boots to me were outdated, and heavy. OLD Tech. Far better alternatives today.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
What's your plan?
Snowmobile riding.

Bunny boots are not made for walking.

Yup. Snowmobiling, riding 4x4, ice fishing, moose hunting.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
quote:

Absolutely! In my opinion they were one of my most hated issued items. Luckily we were able to wear most ANYthing when it was REALLY cold, I had a set of Schnee's pak boots. The bunny boots to me were outdated, and heavy. OLD Tech. Far better alternatives today.

I don't want a pack boot type thing because if my feet get wet, the liners of the pack boots will also be wet. With the bunny boots you can simply dump the water out. It's river country where I am so lots of opportunities to get your feet wet.

The Constable
posted Hide Post
They suck when You have to actually move in them. What do folks up in AK in that River area wear?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
One thing about bunny boots from my time in Alaska is they were not allowed on the North Slope because they weren't available as steel toes. People such as surveryors who had a zero percent chance of dropping something on their foot bitched like crazy about not being able to wear bunny boots.

I had steel toe Baffins for when I went to the North Slope.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:

I loved them Air Force mukluks. They were warm as hell.

Unfortunately I could only wear them off duty because they weren't Army issue. I got my ass chewed one day for being out of uniform while wearing them. Roll Eyes

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I've got 2 pairs. I hate them. Heavy, uncomfortable to walk in...and so many better options.

Baffins for one.
Sorrels for two.

Even my lacross are better, with proper socks. At least down to -10 or so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
They suck when You have to actually move in them. What do folks up in AK in that River area wear?

Baffins....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mostly these white bunny boots. I was at a thanksgiving dinner at the rec hall last night and at least half the people were wearing them.

posted Hide Post
I ended up finding a pair my size on Ebay. All the army surplus places I talked to didn't have a size that would work for me.

I know they suck for moving around in but I want a pair, plus its going to be 25 below here soon.

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
I ended up finding a pair my size on Ebay. All the army surplus places I talked to didn't have a size that would work for me.

I know they suck for moving around in but I want a pair, plus its going to be 25 below here soon.
Childs play.
Visit Minnesota for a cool time. Wink

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
When did they call them "bunny boots", we called those "Mickey Mouse boots" when I was in Germany.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:

Childs play.
Visit Minnesota for a cool time. Wink

I was stationed just outside Fairbanks (Ft Wainwright) for two winters, the coldest I saw was -64. And we were out in the field! Yeah, it was an uncalibrated thermometer (I think on the S-3's jeep), but IT WAS COLD! And the white boots worked fine.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post