SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Warn drill wench vs. pulzall
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warn drill wench vs. pulzall Login/Join 
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted
Would love you hear your preference.

Planned use is around the house and hunting.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I prefer the wench for around the house. Big Grin

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
If we knew what your were actually asking then we might could actually hear ourselves saying our preference.... the voices in my head right now are way too confused......

(there is an edit button on the lower right of your post)

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
You are all bad boys. Wink

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OMCHamlin:
BUT! before you ruin this splendid post with an edit, I would cast my ballot for the warm drilling wench any time...
Nuh uh, it's not a warm wench, it's a warn wench. I'm not sure what that is, but it's probably something that we should either embrace with tenderness, or run from, screaming in fright and fear.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
And, they say America has the worst public education of any of the industrialized nations today. Roll Eyes

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I prefer the wench for around the house. Big Grin

I agree with you, but will also point out that while hunting they can help alleviate boredom and help keep you warm.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Im sure he's talking about a Warn winch, but I'll let a wench give me a pullzall any day of the week.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We use the drill winches at work, and they work as advertised. They are very slow, but that can be a good thing. I have never used a pullzall, so I cannot comment on them, but I can recommend the drill winches.

Posts: 90 | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
And, they say America has the worst public education of any of the industrialized nations today. Roll Eyes

Give the guy a break. Stuff happens when one ages. Smile

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Worn wench pullz all? Probably....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
In lieu of a wench. By hand a "come-a-long" works in a pinch. Just say'in. Razz

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good User comparison in reviews here... know its limits and it looks like its good to go:

https://www.amazon.com/Warn-91...0SN4#customerReviews

Posts: 912 | Location: Tucker, Ga. | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

at 55 years old I started using come alongs to get wench's, I had too.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
500lbs is not much. A chainsaw winch would do much, much more.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A chainsaw winch would indeed do a lot more, but at greater expense, more complexity, more bulk, and a great deal more hassle. If the OP can make do with a 500 or 1000 pound winch, then these small battery or battery drill powered units may be a much better fit. I prefer manual pullers for smaller tasks as well, hard to beat a LugAll, but the Pulzall does look like a neat little package.

Posts: 1803 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
Yeah, must have been the second martini that got my I mixed up for an E.

The responses did give me a nice chuckle when I started reading the thread this morning. I’m glad I was able to provide the opportunity.

Thanks for the winch feedback.

I think I’ll leave the title as is since I’m looking forward to reading more of the humorous replies.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
The drill winch is half the size and slightly less than half the weight of the pullzall. That sounds like a much more portable solution if you're going to be lugging it around the house or through the woods hunting. I think The drill winch would be the better solution, as long as it provides the capacity you need.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Hunthelp, thanks for taking it with good humor!
I knew the real advice would follow soon. Big Grin

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I first read it as drill wrench vs pulzall and thought, "oh he's just making shit up." Big Grin

I can get you a good deal on a metric hammer... Wink

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post