SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Inconsiderate in the Classifieds
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inconsiderate in the Classifieds Login/Join 
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
I emailed the seller of 938 Legion as I was looking for one. I have sent payment.

I apologize if I stepped on any toes, I hadn’t even noticed the dates of the initial posting.
Sigguy (the 1st).

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5295 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
The classifieds is almost unusable these days.
My advice, then, would be for you to not use it.

Posts: 107465 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para...........

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:

Why people feel the need to maintain one classified threads for everything they ever sell is beyond me.
We are told not to have multiple WTS ads.

Can you imagine what it would be like if a person had a dozen or more items for sale, and a separate ad for each one? That person could monopolize the first page of the classified section.

I think that the complaint is as though a seller has an ad that goes on for multiple pages, everything is sold, they then add mor items a week or so later and there are pages and pages to go through to get to the new stuff.
The only 1 wts rule, as explained to me , is to keep a guy from adding ads while still having an open ad with items that have not sold. If he closes the ad, he could start a new one.

Thinkof the guy who keeps adding products in his title and never erases sold items. It's an outrage !!!!!

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sybo:
Thank you Para...........

What an ass kisser. Cripes almighty, we all know Mr Bellum is in charge and runs a tight ship. Also, more often then not he has shown a very dry sense of humor. Sometimes I wonder if he took a dump on your head would you thank him. Moolah Fakir, it is not like you are going to get a better grade or anything.
I have you blocked. I knew I should not open your post, but, I did. next time I will listen to my smart brain.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's uncalled for, and I'll tell you- had I been in a position and a condition to address this thread when you posted it, I would have told you that all of this was unnecessary. Who cares if someone leaves a post to drift down in Classifieds? If it mattered to me, why wouldn't I go into Classifieds every month or two and trim old posts? This seems to be an obsession with you.

All you've managed to do is allow a member to come in here and claim that "Classifieds is unusable" and that's something else I would have addressed more directly if not for the events of this past week, because that claim is simply not true. Time and time again, I've said that anyone who criticizes this forum is going to have me for a new best friend PDQ. If he had posted that two weeks ago, I would have torn him a new asshole.

Just take it easy. An old ad is an old ad. There's no harm in these things and I do not feel as if members who leave old ads up on the board are doing anything wrong. If it doesn't bother me, why should it bother you? Have you ever seen me tell members to "clean up old ads"? We don't allow price checks in the forum. We tell members to instead "check Gunbroker". Well, old ads in Classifieds here can and sometimes do provide pricing reference information for members, and since these ads are pages back, they are not taking up the prime real estate on the first page of Classifieds. Where's the harm?

In case you hadn't noticed, you called out the OP of that thread when he had done nothing wrong. Someone bumped his ad which was pages back, and all of a sudden, he's being singled out and scolded. There was no call for that. Take it easy .

Banned
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is an obsession with me.
No I did not realize that I called out the wrong person. But my point was the act of not maintaining a clssifieds ad not who did it.
If you think it is no big deal fine.
It will still be an obsession of mine but there will be no posts about it. Plus, I will take your advice and take it easy.
My rant on Sybo had nothing to do with my OP. It was just a straw for me.
Be well and stay safe.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Telling members to "maintain their ads" or anything of the sort is my job, as is admonishing or disciplining forum members.

While we're on the subject, I would advise all members to refrain from creating threads calling out their fellow forum members for some reason or other. This is not cool. If there's a genuine problem and you think I'm unaware of it, use the report-this-post function. If you report it and I take no action, you have your answer, don't you?

Banned
posted Hide Post
I did not tell anyone to do anything.My thread was a post about, what I saw as inconsiderate people. Never would I even think of doing your job.
I got your point and will comply.
Be well and stay safe.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
I did not tell anyone to do anything.
Now you're being disingenuous, hanging your defense upon a technicality. What you posted was an admonishment and it is tantamount to telling members to not do it. You're leaving it for others to infer that this behavior should cease. Trust me, you don't want to argue this any further.

Banned
posted Hide Post
You are right. I am wrong.
I still think Sybo is an ass kisser.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Moderated Status, seven days.

Happy now?

Don't you ever again call someone who thanks me or pays me a compliment an 'ass kisser'. When you do so, you insult not only that member, you insult me as well. Also, this type of thing makes members uncomfortable to express genuine gratitude. You keep that crap to yourself. I'm not asking.

You are playing with fire. I know you have friends around here and you are a longtime member, but you need to be respectful of me and be respectful of your fellow members, or you will find yourself in the middle of a minefield, I promise you.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Does everyone in Czechtown have their head up their ass as far as you do? Please be truthful.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He won't be able to answer you. This jackass just got himself banned. Frankly, I'm glad to be rid of him and his really weird obsession with Classifieds.

He actually asked me if I was "threatening violence or financial ruin." No, really, he did. What an absolute dipshit. Jeez Louise.

Fifteen years he was in the place, practically every day, and 22,000 posts later, he still knows nothing about this place and nothing about me. Just utterly ridiculous. Beyond the pale.

mrmn50, fuck you, man. Hear me? Fuck. You.

Don't you ever again come sniffin' around here. You are no longer welcome.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Flameout of almost epic proportions, is it Sunday?

Posts: 23373 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
WTH? That isn't part of your planned cardiac conditioning! Good grief people single person, some consideration?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12394 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Weird-ass sack of shit. He comes in here lecturing the members of this forum, insults other members, argues with me about it, refuses to admit the plain truth of what he did, then keeps on arguing and tops it off with his stupid fucking email.

Get. Out. You're far more trouble than you're worth.

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
He's going to miss his free classified ads.

Year V

Posts: 2628 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
He's not worth getting worked up over after what you just went through.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Seriously- violence? Financial ruin? That is just God-awful, drooling stupid.

And, hey, you go ahead and try to re-register so that you can continue your really weird obsession with Classifieds, you freaking weirdo. I'll be looking for it. As sure as I'm sitting here, you'll try it.