SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Inconsiderate in the Classifieds
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inconsiderate in the Classifieds Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
IndyFFL, is that you?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Buying and selling stuff. That's all this forum is about- material goods. Hey, don't waste His Royal Fucking Highness' time by making him open an ad 50 pages back in Classifieds. How DARE you not follow HIS rules.

This is probably the seventh or eighth time I addressed his obsession. I finally told him to cut it out or face disciplinary action. Apparently, he thought that meant to cut it out in Classifieds, so he moved his little side show to the Lounge. Goddamn, you're dense, man.

I took the time to explain myself over and over to this twit, examples of which you can see in this thread. It was like talking to a brick wall. Clueless, annoying motherfucker. Thanks for wasting so much of my time, you fucking horse's ass.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really Para, you have GOT to lower your blood pressure and pulse!!! Fuck this jackass, you need to realize what just happened to you, and react accordingly.....please!!

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
IndyFFL, is that you?
LMFAO!!!!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I am reacting accordingly. I am putting my foot in this twit's ass. He's had it coming for a long time and he deserves for it to happen in the open forum.

I tried to make this guy understand but he knew better than me. I warned him to cool it over and over, and even in this thread. He didn't have any respect for my wishes, as if he's owed something by me and he can just do whatever in the fuck he wants. Lip service- that's what I got from this jackass, nothing but lip service.

You can see how I started out in this thread. I took it easier on him than he deserved, but he just had to keep at it, as if I fucking owe him access to Classifieds and as if he can tell my members how to behave.

If he took his football and went home because he was embarrassed by being admonished in the open forum, well, you know what? With the way he has acted over years and years about Classifieds, he Goddamn well deserves to be embarrassed. I gave him every chance and he shit all over each one of those chances.

posted Hide Post
quote:
"threatening violence or financial ruin."

Always got the weird vibe from the recently banned.

posted Hide Post
Financial ruin? Does he base his livelihood on SF classified sales? Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, if he did, he's got a genuine problem, because not only did I kick him out, I'm going to keep him out. He's precisely the kind of obsessed user who will come back. He just has to get back in. He's gotta patrol those Classifieds, y'see, 'cause he fucking owns 'em- pays for the bandwidth, puts up with the shit from members like himself, etc.

Every day. Eeeeeevery day, I'll be looking for you trying to get back in, shit head. Every. Single. Day.

In twenty years and eighty-seven thousand members; in untold pages of ads in Classifieds, I never saw anything even approaching this level of obsession from any other member. The guy has some kind of severe OCD issues, or he has a screw loose.

Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
It is my belief that many times in these sorts of situations it very often boils down to a particular member’s complacency, they’ve been a member for many years and typically have a high post count and that seems to make them think that they are entitled, that somehow that confers upon them liberties not afforded to members with less time/fewer posts.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is just one example I pulled at random out of my email. This is from January, 2019:

On Thursday, January 17, 2019, 9:51:40 AM EST, H********* wrote:

The purpose of my post was to give ***** a bump and support his sale post. I had nor have any concerns.

My post tried to point out how inexpensive the mags were based on the selling price of like condition MPX 8” pistols.

I will erase my post on his thread. Thanks

My reply:

It was entirely unwelcome. Let me put things in perspective for you- The member reported your post AND emailed me, asking me to remove your comment. He was not at all happy with your post.

You have to get this through your head: do not *under any circumstances* post in a member's ad unless you have intentions to transact business with them. No exceptions.

I have said this to you more than a half dozen times and I am tired of having to keep telling you the same thing over and over. Stay out of ads unless you're buying, selling, or have a DIRECT QUESTION related to transacting business with the poster.

This should be the very last time that I have to address this with you, and if I have to come back to this again, you will not like it. You should trust me on this. Stay out of ads.

Ya get that, fellas? The member whom he harrassed in that member's ad used the report-this-post feature to report this lunkhead for what he did, and that member then emailed me in follow-up, but oh, ol' mrmn50 was just trying to do the member a solid. THAT is how confused this guy is.

And members wonder why I'm frustrated right now? This has been going on for years, and today just tore it. Freaking bizarre.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
The guy has some kind of severe OCD issues, or he has a screw loose.

Limiting him to either/or is a disservice to the whackiness.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
He always reminded me of a hall monitor. He was always telling someone what they could or couldn’t do. I had wondered who put this guy in charge?

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
There's a few others who feel the need to correct everyone else.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
It appears that even long time members are not immune to becoming complete raving morons. Note to self: Should I manage to live long enough to become a long time member and somehow have a weird urge to become a complete raving moron, be darned sure to do it somewhere else. Yikes, what a loon!

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest:
He always reminded me of a hall monitor. He was always telling someone what they could or couldn’t do. I had wondered who put this guy in charge?

Yeah, I despise hall monitors. It was almost like suicide by cop. You get warned, you persist, you get warned again, you leave no choice. Impulsive, short sighted and just plain dumb. No shortage of short fuses these days but damn, you invest quite a bit of time in this refuge. Why blow it up? Sometimes you have to resist the urge to have the last word.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Yes, but nowhere near the extent of the recently departed. His behavior was over a period of years and it generated more than a few complaints from forum members. I would really like to have back the time I wasted trying to get through his rebar-reinforced concrete skull.

For others here, it's likely that all I would have to do is to tell them one time and there would be no further problems, but not this special, special guy, no sir.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

No there aren’t.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Wow, I just tuned back in to this thread. Damn............. I never realized I was so far up in the “old brown eye” Eek

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
You never know what someone is going through in life at a point in time.

I've been here for a while. I understand, respect and appreciate SF and the rules that make it a great place. I'm not disagreeing with anything that happened in this thread. I know it's not an easy job managing the forum. I know I couldn't do it and there aren't many that could but Para has figured it out.

I wish Hal the best and hope he is okay. He is a true war hero that left a safe berth in college to serve our country in Vietnam... as a LURP.

I will always be grateful for those that choose to serve.

I wish all of you the best, including Hal.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post