SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A Hawk finds shelter during Hurricane Harvey
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Hawk finds shelter during Hurricane Harvey Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
I have been seeing a lot of stories or animals suffering due to the hurricane. Dogs being tied up outside to drown. I've also seen a lot of stories of rescuers going down to save animals in particular. This is an interesting story. A hawk flew into a mans car to seek shelter and would not leave his side.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
This was already covered in the main hurricane Harvey thread.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I have one as a friend and feel him squirrels caught in the Havahart trap when stealing walnuts. I think he is eating a mouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6joFfpIZ5Sc

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
This was already covered in the main hurricane Harvey thread.

Cute enough to deserve its own thread.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I agree, that's awesome IMO!

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That poor guy looked scared, I'm glad he found someone to help.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The hawk is exhibiting asymmetrical behavior, meaning he is injured, possibly from the storm or a car strike.

A rehabber has possession of him and are having to hold onto him until they can get to a vet somewhere.

For now he is being made comfortable and being treated for stress and pain.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Harvey hawk, happy ending

video at link

https://hotair.com/archives/20...k-flying-open-skies/

Video: Harvey The Hurricane Hawk Is Back Flying In The Open Skies

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post