SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pressure washer accessory. Circular shaped surface cleaner, anyone have one?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pressure washer accessory. Circular shaped surface cleaner, anyone have one? Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
Another Home Depot type question! I'm full of em today. I was in the depot today and saw that they now carry a driveway cleaner attatchement for a pressure washer. They have several brands. They look like a floor buffer, but they have rotating wands that shoot down at the surface to be cleaned. Anybody try one yet?

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried one. It didn't work well at all, so I returned it.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
I have one and love it. Just take your time when using it. Much better than the just the wand when doing sidewalks and driveways. Easier on the back too.

Posts: 1222 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I don't have one, but have looked into them. My research told me that they work great IF your pressure washer delivers enough pressure and water volume for the two heads to have sufficient cleaning power to be useful.

Regrettably, I don't recall what optimum pressure for them was, but I believe they were recommended for commercial grade machines.

I think you can rent one at Sunbelt, or some of the other rental places to see if they will work with your machine before you buy. You might also check local pawn shops, as they appear pretty regularly in pawn shops around my area.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I rented one frmo Sunbelt and it said you needed 3000 PSI and my pressure washer in theory only puts out 2800 but it worked fine. Down side was it doesnt have wheels and so you end up dragging it all over the place and the big ones are pretty heavy. The water pressure does provide something of a cushion but not really enough (or maybe if my washer put our more PSI it woudl have been easier).

Did a good job cleaning though.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one. Used it on my porch, which has 1X6X12' boards.
MUCH easier to use that scrubber on the boards than the regular wand. It did a great even job and sped up the process by 30%.

Posts: 268 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: December 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm on my second one. First one from home Depot wore out after doing driveway.

Worked well till it got kind of broken. Too much pressure will cause it to break..over revs. The rotating mechanism needs to be very well balanced from the factory.

Ordered replacement from amazon..still in box.

You can clean faster with more even appearance. It hovers so wheels are redundant.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
I have a Homelite EZ Clean which has been great so far. It saves a tremendous amount of time on large areas which are flat or nearly so.

Posts: 7308 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
I have one that I bought at home depot and if you're not careful it'll wash away the "cream" from your concrete and leave your aggregate showing.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They work great and all of the commercial painters and pressure cleaning companies are using them down here in South Florida for both roofs and driveways/pavers/walkways.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use mine on decks, docks, siding, even cleaned the carpet on my pontoon boat with it. It's my new favorite tool.

I've got a 60'X 10' dock and it took a long time to clean with just the wand and it always came out looking uneven. With the surface cleaner, it went much faster and there are no "streaks".

Posts: 728 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
The small ones they sell are ok for small areas, if you have a driveway you'd take all day to clean with it.

I rent the larger units from Home Depot they claim 3000 psi to move it, but my 2500 psi unit moves it well enough to clean the drive in less time and effort than the wand.

It does run a bit slower on the 2500 psi unit and would do it even faster on 3000 but it is what it is, not buying a new pressure sprayer yet.

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parallel:
I have one that I bought at home depot and if you're not careful it'll wash away the "cream" from your concrete and leave your aggregate showing.

Use Stain Solver and just hose off with water.

http://www.stainsolver.com/

http://www.askthebuilder.com/h...e-a-pressure-washer/

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
don't have one, but have looked into them. My research told me that they work great IF your pressure washer delivers enough pressure and water volume for the two heads to have sufficient cleaning power to be useful.

This. I've used one with a high pressure AND high flow rate rental and it dramatically cut down on the time, mess that would have been all over me and did a great job.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post