SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sorry Georgia, you ain't going. BCS
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sorry Georgia, you ain't going. BCS Login/Join 
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:

They only got past Mississippi because of shear luck.

That's hurtful. Alabama beat Mississippi 66-3. Alabama barely scraped past Mississippi STATE 31-24.

Mississippi= University of Mississippi= Black Bears, Rebels, Hugh Freeze Call Service, 2 year bowl penalty, yada yada yada.

Mississippi State= Bulldogs, No. 24 in final rankings, Dan Mullen hit the eject button, Joe Moorhead incoming.

It's a little thing, like calling Oklahoma something like Oklahoma State.... Smile

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Auburn deserved to be in before bama..

And we would have been, had we not blown a lead over LSU.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Auburn deserved to be in before bama..

And we would have been, had we not blown a lead over LSU.

Thanks to the gus bus....

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
You could expand it as far as you want and it wouldn't stop the arguments of who was left out or let in, CBB has a 64 team tournament and it's argued over constantly about who got in, who got seeded where, who is travelling, who isn't, teams with better overall records are left out because some tiny nothing conference now has a tournament and thus an automatic bid, so University of Western DeMoines is in and some team in a big conference that should be in is out...

Hell I bet you could include every team in a tournament and you'd still find people bitching about it...

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salty Dawg
posted Hide Post
My idea for how it should work:

Reduce the regular season by 1 game (maybe even 2 for the sake of all these injuries).
Go to an 8-team playoff comprised of:
Each champion of a Power 5 Conference + any undefeated team(s) from the Group of 5 and/or independents and let the committee determine who would fill the remaining 1, 2, or 3 (most years) spots. The committee would also seed the playoffs.

If you don't make it in by winning your conference championship, going undefeated, or being deemed by the committee to be AT LEAST among the top 8 teams, then you really have no gripes. We'd also get some more great inter-conference match-ups among the top teams.

This year, we'd be looking at something like:
1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. Georgia
4. Bama
5. Ohio State
6. Wisconsin
7. USC
8. UCF

Posts: 696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Hoping for Georgia Vs Clemson! Really wished Wisconsin would have beaten Ohio St. though... I don't think Bama should be in the top 4, it should be all conf. Champs.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty good outcome IMO. Top 4 are all one loss teams. Only other top team that is one loss is Wisconsin, and they go beat by 2 loss Ohio.

And enough with OSU earning a spot, they beat up on scrubs all year. When they played a real team OU, they got destroyed, and should we rehash Iowa?

And UCF, don't even ask until you field a defense.

Want your team to make it to the playoffs, don't let them lose twice.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cruiser133
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
It’s hard to overlook how horrible OSU has been in the playoffs last 2 years - 0 points scored.

I think Clemson - OSU this year would have been a repeat of OSU getting humiliated. At least Bama - Clemson will be a show.

Obviously its subjective and you can’t please everyone. I didn’t think Bama was gonna make it and I have zero vested interest in any team - I just want to see good games.

Do you even watch college football? OSU got hosed in 2015 by not getting invited to the southern invitational that year after a late close loss to MSU which ironically every excuse the Southern dominated committee used to exclude them, they ignored to grant Bama a pass this year. Everybody on the planet knew OSU was the best team that year but MSU went instead, so get your facts strait. Also, the road map has been set care of old Nicky and the SEC, play creme puffs and 8 conference games and you are in. What a joke, the whole process is corrupt. Way to alienate 2/3 of the country by leaving out two power five conferences and stacking the deck for the SEC. I bet you the ratings will not even be close to what the Cotton Bowl will get.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
the southern invitational

Not sure if you made that up or appropriated it, but that's comic gold there. Bitter comic gold, perhaps...

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cruiser133:OSU got hosed in 2015 by not getting invited to the southern invitational that year after a late close loss to MSU ....

I'm confused, OSU could not beat MSU, which Alabama completely destroyed (38-zip I believe) any yet OSU got hosed?

Fact is, and has been forever in College football, early losses hurt less than late losses. Every school knows, don't lose late if you want to control your own destiny.

And I do believe OSU has never beaten a SEC team (head to head) in a National title final game. So be glad they didn't beat MSU that year, it would have been just one more humiliation.....

(and I am not a 'Bama fan, just a sorry Gator)

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ohio State was not in two years ago. They got left out when everyone knew they were one of the best 4 teams. Then, last year after Zeke goes pro they decide to put them in. They weren't nearly as good as the year before. The year before that they beat Alabama in the Sugar and Oregon in the NC. Some guys are saying they didn't score two years in a row. It was just last year. They didn't deserve it this year, but neither did Alabama. Rewarded for losing and not having to play in SEC championship. Bullshit!

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post