SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sorry Georgia, you ain't going. BCS
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sorry Georgia, you ain't going. BCS Login/Join 
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
And Bamajeepster I do not agree with you.. I agree OSU should have never lost to Iowa.. and if played again I am sure they wouldn't.. But Alabama does not deserve to be in ..
They only got past Mississippi because of shear luck.
They got completely handled by Auburn, that also was completely handled by Georgia.
I dont think Alabama could beat Wisconsin..

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zecpull:
And Bamajeepster I do not agree with you.. I agree OSU should have never lost to Iowa.. and if played again I am sure they wouldn't.. But Alabama does not deserve to be in ..
They only got past Mississippi because of shear luck.
They got completely handled by Auburn, that also was completely handled by Georgia.
I dont think Alabama could beat Wisconsin..

Agree to disagree. The committee's job is to get the best 4 teams in the playoff. Last year they put OSU in over the conference champion and got egg on their face. We will see if they made the right decision this year. Should be good games in the semis.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting thread even though I'm not a college football fan. (I used to be big time NFL but this season changed the way I spend my time on Sundays) IMHO they need to stop the preseason of powerhouse schools playing 3rd rate programs and running up the score. The playoffs need to be extended to sixteen teams (a five week playoff staring in December), let'm put the pads on, and see who can win when it really counts. It would be very interesting to see how well an Alabama or LSU or Florida would play in say, Ann Arbor or Pittsburgh or Boise or Columbus in the middle of December. It's a way different game when the temperature is below freezing. My guess is that you would see some big time upsets just like you do in the NCAA basketball playoffs. We wouldn't be arguing over who gets the number 4 spot. The current system is a joke at best.

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
It’s hard to overlook how horrible OSU has been in the playoffs last 2 years - 0 points scored.

I think Clemson - OSU this year would have been a repeat of OSU getting humiliated. At least Bama - Clemson will be a show.

Obviously its subjective and you can’t please everyone. I didn’t think Bama was gonna make it and I have zero vested interest in any team - I just want to see good games.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
The playoff should be 8 teams. 16 is too many, and while you can make an argument that #5 deserves a shot, it's much harder to make the argument that #9 does, much less #16.

Posts: 3657 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
16 is great.

There are 10 FBS conferences. Conference champion has automatic in. Fill in the rest with independents and also rans.

That’s 15 games in 4 rounds. There are around 39 bowl games in total. Use those as the source of the 15 games, or 14 of them plus championship game.

A season is currently 12 games, plus conf championship, plus first round playoff and championship game. 15 max. My plan is 17 max, or we could make it 16 and drop these meaningless games at the beginning of the season.

Over time, this plan will spread the talent out. If every conference has a shot, that means every team has a shot, not just the power conferences. Spreads the coaching talent as well.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
As long as OSU doesn't make it, I'm happy and could care less on who is where and who is playing who

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Alabama into the playoff ... so boring.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
It’s hard to overlook how horrible OSU has been in the playoffs last 2 years - 0 points scored.

Yeah, when they've laid an egg twice in a row, they shouldn't be too surprised when they don't get a third invite to the big dance.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The committee chose correctly. A team can lose to another good team or maybe even get blown out by a bad team but it can't do both.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
And the ONLY undefeated team in college football, left out in the cold by yet another failed, make-believe, playoff process

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
And the ONLY undefeated team in college football, left out in the cold by yet another failed, make-believe, playoff process

Who's undefeated?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clemson vs Georgia- The game I want to see. Somebody needs to clean O.U.'s clock.

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Why don't they let more teams into the playoffs? Why does college football obsess over fictional rankings?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:

Who's undefeated?

Presumably, UCF. They played two top-25 teams, Memphis and South Fla.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:

Presumably, UCF. They played two top-25 teams, Memphis and South Fla.
Does UCF even play defense or do they just let the other team score automatically?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
!!! Roll Tide Roll !!!

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
BCS. Lol.

So when tOSU didn't earn a spot, you gave em one. But when they did earn a spot, you took it away?

Bwahahahaha. This is awesome. Full of win.

And since I am an SEC fan, and my Volunteers are a dumpster fire this year, and Alabama got the gift spot, I guess I'm left cheering for Georgia?

WTF? What a season. Big Grin

In all honesty, Clemson is going to be a handful for whoever is unlucky enough to play them; but that's why they play the games. If we already knew who was going to win, we could save a lot of time and money.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
Georgia has the formula to beat Oklahoma

Run the ball, grind the clock, and play defense and hit Mayfield

The Big 12 isn't renowned for its defensive performances, so Oklahoma is not used to an SEC caliber defense like UGA

The question is if it's enough to slow down OU

I don't man OU had no problem beating Auburn a few months ago in the Sugar Bowl. I think Georgia will need at least 40 points to win the game. Can they get there by running the ball? And they have a freshman qb vs Baker Mayfield. Huge mismatch.

quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
ok, i was wrong. I am personally glad Ga. is in. I would of been good if both Al and OS were out. Oh well, cannot have everything. Be nice if Ga. would not fold.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Anyone know how many points the odds makers are giving Bama in the Sugar Bowl? Alabama has lost all three of their games in the Sugar Bowl since 1995. Hope they're due this time.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post