SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 Ford Bullitt Mustang
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 Ford Bullitt Mustang Login/Join 
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
I grew up loving that car! The 2019 is nice, but if they squared off the grill, it would channel the original better.

The Shadow Black version looks great I bet.

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
No photos? Frown

Go to the link in the original post.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
IF McQueen was alive today I'm betting he'd drive it and like the offering.

Looks great, color is spot on, plenty of power, if it sounds as good as the movie car, I'm in, now all I need is two of you guys to get a black Charger hellcat and lets go for a cruise in the city....

Badges?, it doesn't need no badges.

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
The original looks awesome.

The new one gets a “meh” from me.

I used to love the Mustang look. The new ones do nothing for me.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
No photos? Frown

Go to the link in the original post.

I try not to click on links, specially news links. They slow down the computer, while loading all kinds of crap.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What happened to the billet gas filler door ?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
You bust your hump in the ER putting up with all kinds of shit from people in there, I say you've earned it. Bite the Bullitt and do it!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
When I was 17 and 18 I busted my butt shoveling horse manure from the fairground racing barns, worked 7 days a week, 10 hours a day on the pipeline construction as a welder helper and saved my money to buy a new 1965 Mustang, 289/four on the floor and no A/C ($4,300 IIRC). Loved that car and kept it for a long time until I got married while in the Army...It turned into a station wagon when my wife got pregnant just before I shipped over to Vietnam. Have always wanted another but life got in the way. Owned 17 aircraft and helicopters though in my business. Still would like to own that vehicle, gives me a warm spot.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bushpilot:
When I was 17 and 18 I busted my butt shoveling horse manure from the fairground racing barns, worked 7 days a week, 10 hours a day on the pipeline construction as a welder helper and saved my money to buy a new 1965 Mustang, 289/four on the floor and no A/C ($4,300 IIRC). Loved that car and kept it for a long time until I got married while in the Army...It turned into a station wagon when my wife got pregnant just before I shipped over to Vietnam. Have always wanted another but life got in the way. Owned 17 aircraft and helicopters though in my business. Still would like to own that vehicle, gives me a warm spot.

When I was 17-18 I paid $2400 for 2 year old 66 Shelby GT350. I delivered pizza with it for 2 years to pay it off.
Wish I had it back.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I will be keeping the Boss.

Ford Release video

The commercial (I think the woman is McQueen's granddaughter)

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Ford is wringing out a lot of power from the 5.0 coyote. I would have like to have seen the 5.2 flat plane voodoo engine in this. Maybe the best naturally aspirated engine made in the US.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I really like it. If it was out when I bought my '18 Camaro SS 1LE, it would have been a tough choice.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Chassis 0001 sold @ Barrett Jackson for a smooth $300,000.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post

I'd rather buy an old 68 Mustang fastback and rebuild it myself - I'd have money left over and my yearly registration costs would be minimal. And, as long as I'm behind enemy lines, I'd never have to pay for a smog test again.

All that to say: I like the looks of the original Bullit better. Wink Big Grin

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Ford has done a superb job keeping the 'Stang alive. Always made me wonder why GM refuses to do the same with the Chevelle.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I saw the original, certified as one of two movie cars and the only one left, and the 2019 Mustang at the NAIAS in Detroit this week.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4MUL8R,

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
I've long been a fan of the Mustang and have owned a couple over the years since my first (1991 LX5.0 hatchback), but have felt that Ford has slowly but surely priced the Mustang out of it's target market. If you look at the sale figures for the last 10-15 years, the only years with a noticeable uptick were 2015 and 2016 because of the redesign, but the rest of the years have shown significant decline over their previous six figure sales numbers.

It's not just Mustang, it's all sports GT's that are suffering declining sales. The demographic for the mustang has aged significantly, in a similar way to the Harley demo. For the most part, millennials aren't interested.

The flip side is this frees manufacturers to build some interesting more expensive limited availability performance vehicles because the older guys have the money to spend on them. Economy of scale is somewhat less important when you can charge a premium.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
After seeing it in person at Barrett-Jackson this weekend, I want one even more.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:

To each his own, I think the new design is the best since '68. And even the 6cyl moves well...

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:

My ultimate favorite is the Shelby gt 350H (hertz model black with the gold stripes).

I think the new Bullet lacks HP and should have the Shelby gt 500 motor in it.
To each his own, I think the new design is the best since '68. And even the 6cyl moves well...

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post