SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 Ford Bullitt Mustang
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 Ford Bullitt Mustang Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
I so want one of these. Yes, the GT-350 may offer more performance, but this has just got the cool factor.

https://www.caranddriver.com/n...photos-and-info-news

2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Putting the 'lit' in Bullitt.
JANUARY 2018 BY GREG FINK MULTIPLE PHOTOGRAPHERS

2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt

The Bullitt is back! Ford’s on-again, off-again special-edition Mustang honoring the celebrated Steve McQueen movie Bullitt returns this summer, just in time to mark the 50th anniversary of the film. This is the third time Ford has offered a Bullitt-branded special edition, following previous versions in the 2001 and in the 2008­–2009 model years.

Modeled after the 1968 Ford Mustang 390 GT fastback driven by McQueen’s character, Frank Bullitt, the 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt edition builds on the content of the Mustang GT Premium with the Performance package and includes upgrades such as Brembo six-piston front brakes, a Torsen limited-slip differential, a larger rear anti-roll bar, and a bigger radiator to keep the Bullitt’s 5.0-liter V-8 engine cool during extended chases.

It needs more cooling because the Bullitt turns the heat up on the burly bent-eight’s performance courtesy of an intake manifold cribbed from the Shelby GT350, 87-millimeter throttle bodies, and a recalibrated powertrain control module. These changes result in a total of 475 horsepower, or 15 more than the run-of-the-mill Mustang GT, and help the Bullitt achieve a top speed of 163 mph—8 mph more than the Mustang GT. Torque holds steady at 420 lb-ft, and a six-speed manual is the sole transmission offered.

To better channel the spirit of the original movie car, the 2019 Mustang Bullitt has been stripped of almost all exterior badging. A single trunk-mounted badge marks the model’s connection to the film and mimics the design of a fuel-filler cap. Additionally, Ford sprinkles the Bullitt with chrome around its badgeless grille and around its window line. Red brake calipers and 19-inch wheels complete the car’s look. Two paint colors will be available: Highland Green, like the original movie car, and Shadow Black.

Inside, the Bullitt includes model-specific cues such as green accent stitching throughout its leather-lined interior, a white cue-ball-style shift lever, and a special “welcome” graphic within the car’s 12.0-inch digital gauge cluster.
Options are few but include an available adaptive suspension, Recaro seats, and an electronics package that adds navigation, memory seating, and blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert.

Ford has not yet released pricing information for the 2019 Mustang Bullitt. Expect it to cost a few thousand dollars more than the $43,990 price of the 2018 Ford Mustang GT Premium with the GT Performance package. The Bullitt edition goes on sale at midyear.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I've long been a fan of the Mustang and have owned a couple over the years since my first (1991 LX5.0 hatchback), but have felt that Ford has slowly but surely priced the Mustang out of it's target market. If you look at the sale figures for the last 10-15 years, the only years with a noticeable uptick were 2015 and 2016 because of the redesign, but the rest of the years have shown significant decline over their previous six figure sales numbers.

The Bullitt is a cool concept (not the first time they've tried to capitalize on it), but when a run of the mill GT costs $45K when just 10-15 years ago the same trim level GT cost in the mid to upper $20K range, well, the sales figures speak for themselves. I know horsepower figures sell muscle cars, but they have to be accompanied by mainstream, muscle car prices. Ford can't continue to fight lower sales figures with higher prices per unit either. Like pistols these days, there are just too many good sporty/sports car options to be able to keep moving prices upwards so quickly if at all.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey man - you need to get hip to some 84 month financing and GAP protection!

http://www.fi-magazine.com/cha...month-financing.aspx

Don't get me started.

------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
I've long been a fan of the Mustang and have owned a couple over the years since my first (1991 LX5.0 hatchback), but have felt that Ford has slowly but surely priced the Mustang out of it's target market. If you look at the sale figures for the last 10-15 years, the only years with a noticeable uptick were 2015 and 2016 because of the redesign, but the rest of the years have shown significant decline over their previous six figure sales numbers.

The Bullitt is a cool concept (not the first time they've tried to capitalize on it), but when a run of the mill GT costs $45K when just 10-15 years ago the same trim level GT cost in the mid to upper $20K range, well, the sales figures speak for themselves. I know horsepower figures sell muscle cars, but they have to be accompanied by mainstream, muscle car prices. Ford can't continue to fight lower sales figures with higher prices per unit either. Like pistols these days, there are just too many good sporty/sports car options to be able to keep moving prices upwards so quickly if at all.

It’s not Ford’s fault. It’s inflation. The government prints money which devalues the dollar. That is why the price of almost everything continually goes up. Keep in mind the AVERAGE price of a new car is now almost 34k.

By the way, you’re about 10k dollars off on the price of a GT. They start out at 35k not 45k.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bullitt's Mustang had round headlights and big round driving lights as I remember.

I can't get past that.

May as well be a Datsun.

Posts: 1351 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I paid $27,450 for a Cobra in 1996. Accounting just for inflation that would be $42,884 in today's dollars, and the 2018 model is light years ahead of the technology and performance of 1996.

Still looks like a bargain to me.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I am hard pressed to buy a third Mustang as the first two (1994 GT and 2009 Shelby) were given back under the Lemon Law.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
No thanks. I'd much rather have the '68.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:

It’s not Ford’s fault. It’s inflation. The government prints money which devalues the dollar. That is why the price of almost everything continually goes up. Keep in mind the AVERAGE price of a new car is now almost 34k.

By the way, you’re about 10k dollars off on the price of a GT. They start out at 35k not 45k.

They clearly said Premium Trim level Mustang GT and quoted the price in the article.

-Dtech

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
I paid $27,450 for a Cobra in 1996. Accounting just for inflation that would be $42,884 in today's dollars, and the 2018 model is light years ahead of the technology and performance of 1996.

You just made my point though. In today's dollars you would have to settle for the GT model. Any trim level "specialty" Mustang would be how much more, let alone any trim level Cobra?

That's not just inflation and technology folks.

-Dtech

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

They clearly said Premium Trim level Mustang GT and quoted the price in the article.

You stated, “run of the mill GT”.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:

You just made my point though. In today's dollars you would have to settle for the GT model. Any trim level "specialty" Mustang would be how much more, let alone any trim level Cobra?

That's not just inflation and technology folks.

That's my point. Even a regular GT is dramatically better as a driver. 305 vs 435 HP, 5.5 vs 4.6, .89 vs .96 lateral g. That's supercar territory if you can take it back 20 years. When I say "technology" I didn't mean the radio. I meant every component of the car and its performance.

Now, the important question about the Bullitt; can you unscrew the exhaust cutout easily like on the GT350?? Big Grin

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
I like the debadged look. That's a great choice to deliver it from the factory like that.

It looks pretty clean and sweet to me.

Cheers~

Posts: 905 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I've got a blown 15 premium. If I was in the market, I would be down for a Bullet.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You stated, “run of the mill GT”.

Because the "Premium" trim level tends to be the most common GT trim level and it is middle of the road in the overall line up. Ergo, "run of the mill". It was not meant as a disparaging comment.

-Dtech

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Is that one of the original movie cars in the pics, or a fake one?

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Around these parts I see 2018 Mustang GT with 10 speed auto and $4000 performance pack option go for just under $40,000. Not cheap but not bad for a car Hot Rod magazine very recently took right to the strip as is other than changing tire inflation and ran high 11s in quarter mile.

http://www.hotrod.com/articles...018-ford-mustang-gt/

GT Performance Package
$3,995 S4

The GT Performance Package includes:
• 19" X 9" (F) 19" X 9.5" (R) Ebony Black-painted Aluminum
• 255/40R19 (F) 275/40R19 (R) Summer Only Tires
• Brembo ™ Six-Piston Front Brake Calipers with Larger Rotors
• "Engine Spun" Aluminum Instrument Panel
• Gauge Pack (Oil Pressure and Vacuum)
• Heavy-duty Front Springs
• K-Brace
• Larger Radiator
• Performance Rear Wing (Fastback Only)
• Silver Painted Strut-Tower Brace
• Spoiler Delete (Convertible Only)
• TORSEN® Differential with 3.73 Axle Ratio (Manual)
• TORSEN® Differential with 3.55 Axle Ratio (Automatic)
• Unique Chassis Tuning
• Unique EPAS, ABS and Stability Control Tuning
• Upsized Rear Sway Bar

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I should think massive investment in suspension would be paramount.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No photos? Frown

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I have looked at a whole series of photos of the car. It’s cool, although I’m put off by the “Bullitt” badging. The steering wheel center, the sill plates and the center of the taillight panel (fuel filler cap?), all say “Bullitt.” Cheesy

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post