SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chicago police recover 60 guns, father and son in custody
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago police recover 60 guns, father and son in custody Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I completely agree. nail them to the wall.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

New "common sense" gun safety laws do nothing to deter crime. The same people who believe that they do are the same type that pour out an entire bag of dog food, then tell the dog to only eat so much per day. They are then bewildered when the dog eats the entire bag and throws up all over the house.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Each time there is a mass shooting, there is an outcry to "enforce the laws on the books". That is what CPD is doing as it seems. I'm completely good with it. Asking what new law would prevent that (if that is what the poster was actually trying to do) is rhetorical at best.

This is CHICAGO....
They cry for more laws, and ban guns, ban ammo, ban magazines, ban magazines about guns, give us more money so we ca ban guns, ban ammo. Then we're going to need more money so we can ban ammo. Oh, we already tried to ban ammo? Well, we're still going to need that money, and some more, so we can ban guns. Wait, that didn't work? Wait, WHAT? We had to use our money to write a check to some McDonald fella because we band guns and his constitutional rights? Fuck that, give us more money and we'll figure this whole "ban gun" thing out!

To use your analogy- Chicago, and Ja Ba the Hut (JB Pritzker) want to ban dogs, dog food, dog food containers that have more than one or two cups of food in it, then tax the hell out of anyone who attempts to legally sell dogs. Tax the individual pieces of dog food, serialize each individual piece of dog food, so when the fat assed dog pukes on the carpet, they can find out where the food came from.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8340 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:

New "common sense" gun safety laws do nothing to deter crime. The same people who believe that they do are the same type that pour out an entire bag of dog food, then tell the dog to only eat so much per day. They are then bewildered when the dog eats the entire bag and throws up all over the house.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Each time there is a mass shooting, there is an outcry to "enforce the laws on the books". That is what CPD is doing as it seems. I'm completely good with it. Asking what new law would prevent that (if that is what the poster was actually trying to do) is rhetorical at best.

This is CHICAGO....
They cry for more laws, and ban guns, ban ammo, ban magazines, ban magazines about guns, give us more money so we ca ban guns, ban ammo. Then we're going to need more money so we can ban ammo. Oh, we already tried to ban ammo? Well, we're still going to need that money, and some more, so we can ban guns. Wait, that didn't work? Wait, WHAT? We had to use our money to write a check to some McDonald fella because we band guns and his constitutional rights? Fuck that, give us more money and we'll figure this whole "ban gun" thing out!

To use your analogy- Chicago, and Ja Ba the Hut (JB Pritzker) want to ban dogs, dog food, dog food containers that have more than one or two cups of food in it, then tax the hell out of anyone who attempts to legally sell dogs. Tax the individual pieces of dog food, serialize each individual piece of dog food, so when the fat assed dog pukes on the carpet, they can find out where the food came from.

Seems they should just ban money, bro. Solves the gun problem, ammo problem, dog food problem......

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No man, we NEED money.
Not ours, though.
We NEED OTHER PEOPLES MONEY!
Then all of our problems will be solved!

THATS what's going to make all of this work! Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8340 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seems they should just ban money, bro. Solves the gun problem, ammo problem, dog food problem......

I like that you’re thinking outside the box Sir, but perhaps banning GDC politicians (or better yet, GDCs in general) might bring about a better result than banning money. Yes I know, never gonna happen, but we can dream...

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arlen:
By using the term "recovered", do they mean that the weapons were stolen?

It may not, it probably just means the police, the only people who should have guns, got them away from someone else. Sort of like the use of the term gun "buy backs".

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:
Originally posted by arlen:
By using the term "recovered", do they mean that the weapons were stolen?

It may not, it probably just means the police, the only people who should have guns, got them away from someone else. Sort of like the use of the term gun "buy backs".

Recovered means a lot of things. Consider this, though. Twenty percent of all the "recovered" guns that come across my desk are stolen, but not reported stolen. They were either not entered NCIC when reported (for a number of reasons) or the owner never realized that they were gone. This isn't uncommon at all. That's why people like me spend much of their life running down serial numbers, and talking to people. Smile

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post