SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    longtime member here, 'Kattman' a must read! amazing info
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

longtime member here, 'Kattman' a must read! amazing info Login/Join 
Picture of bolo4tom
posted
Yesterday morning, in the classifieds section, I posted a WTB listing. Mark, aka, Kattman responded and we exchanged several emails/pics concerning the item I was looking for. I was looking for a Surefire 617 forearm light for a Benelli M1. They are not cheap and very difficult to find but Mark happened to have one.

He and I discussed the light and a fair price. At first I was a bit confused about what he had done after him asking for my mailing info.

Here is where the story took an unexpected turn. Mark, shipped me the 617 light which was same as new, with box, for FREE! Yes, FREE!! I was and still am astounded and dumbfounded at his generosity and kindness. Im blown away that a total stranger would do something so kind and generous for me. I literally cannot thank him enough and show my gratitude.

I can honestly say that ive NEVER had anyone, even close friends, be so generous and giving to me personally. His gift is absolutely unexpected and meaningful and says so so much bout his character and kindness.

In todays money hungry, 'get every nickel possible' society, Mark stands out as an exception to the rule and I feel he deserves to recognized for his generosity. Those of us in the gun community and here in the forum can be a tight knit group/family but ive never had anyone do something like this for me.

It is close to Christmas and the giving spirit is upon us but very few would do what he has done and I hope everyone that reads this would say a thank you to him on my behalf. He has reaffirmed my faith in humanity and gun owners Smile and I promise to go out of my way to 'pay it forward' and hopefully make someone feel as good as hes made me feel.

Ive shared with several non forum friends, his actions, and all of them thought I was joking bout it. His actions are just so out of the ordinary and reflect positively both on him and the Sig forum.

I know this is a bit long winded, but I cant find enough words to reflect how much what hes done, means to me. Mark, thank you! Thank you for everything, I wont forget it and I hope to return the favor somehow to you, or someone else on your behalf. Id like to see this pinned at top if possible, just to show what kind of members we have here in the forum.

Thanks again and I hope this public messages shows you atleast a fraction of my gratitude!! Merrry Christmas to all.

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
You're new around here, aren't you? Smile

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30547 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
Yeah,,, you'll have that on these bigger jobs.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4583 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Wait till he discovers Q's, Dave's and others antics around here.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pay it forward. Return the favor 2x, 10x ...

Make it a habit as you see the need.

Personally I have been blessed in many, many ways. I can’t seem to keep a nickel in my pocket, but I have all (and more than all) that I need.

Short story -

Have had, for years, a tree limb threatening our phone line coming into the house. I can get to it, with some effort, climbing equipment and hazard to body and limb. Just haven’t gotten to it yet.
So, one day the line service company is out. Phone, power, tree service, don’t remember which. In any case it would have been an easy, 5 minute job for them to use their bucket, trim it off and it’s done. No real hassle, no issues, the truck was already practically under the limb needing cut. I talk to the young guy, one of two, that are with the truck. Something simple “Hey, that limb has been a threat for years, could you cut it?”
His response is something like “Yeah, sure” but with the intentional undertone “but I want you to slip me a $20 or more for the favor”. Nothing further was said and I walked away. It might even be a situation that if the limb takes out the line it will be him that has to come back to fix it.
Anyway, in his mind - everything has a price and he should be paid for. His attitude, which quickly shines through, will require HIM to pay for everything he ever has. No one will ever do him a favor.

In my mind I share the blessings I have been given. I do some work for a price, which is always prearranged. I do many things for nothing. In return I am occasionally blessed. In these instances I do not work with any expectation of being given something in return.

Bolo, you have been blessed, in an obvious way and likely in many other ways. Share as you can. Pay it forward.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
You should edit the post in your WTB and remove your email address and phone number. Add them in your profile instead.

By posting them in the thread non members can see them and potential scammers may contact you posing as a forum member. By keeping the info in your profile only logged in members can view your contact info.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3840 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Welcome to Sig Forum.

Posts: 1541 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
Back a few weeks ago, when you had that little dustup, I mentioned how fantastic this community is.

Welcome!

Posts: 2320 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I do not wish to down play what Kattman did for you, but you will find that this type of thing happens a lot on the Sig Forum. A great bunch of guys and gals.
Welcome to the Forum.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
Im not exactly, totally new here. I realize there are a lot of good people in the forum and in the gun community in general. Im also aware of 'gun giveaways' like the 228 a month or so ago, but no one, has ever did anything like that for me. I just wanted to relay my appreciation, in my eyes, for an above board action. *eta* I did edit out my info in the wtb listing, thanks for that suggestion. and yes reloader-1, you did say that and its proven to be correct on a few occasions since then. thanks guys.

Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
SF is unique in that way, lots of just plain old good folk around. Get used to it and welcome to the SF. What Chris42 said, pay it forward....

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the board!

As you reach 500 posts you'll be Also receiving the SF leotards AND Will have to post your picture wearing them in the Secret Lounge section.

PLEASE, Don't forget to sign the Waiver AND mail it to 50 members of your choice. One of them Will respond by shipping you the Decoder Ring.

Long live the assless chaps! Long live Sigforum!

Big Grin

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Great thread, bolo! Not only is it great that Kattman was so generous with you, it's also great that you started this thread to show your appreciation.

When I first joined this forum, I was quite ignant about firearms. (Not as ignorant as the "experts" on CNN, mind you!) But, there were no put downs, or any such stuff here. People answered my questions, and over the last 11 years, I've learned a ton of stuff - and not just about firearms!

Good on you and Kattman! I love this place.

ETA: Giving karmas is as much fun as receiving them.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Great thread. Blessings & big ups to Kattman for his generosity. bolo4tom, continue to hang out here on the forum more & more, and you will find this kind of thing is a regular around the forum. We pay it forward like Chris42 said quite a bit around here. Enjoy the forum.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't care what the topic or interest, other on-line forums do not even compare with SF. I was on a few before I joined. No more.
And we have German lessons too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
That was very nice of Kattman to do that for you. I've been blessed by some of the fine folks here on SF. There are some great people on here.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey bolo4tom, I’ve got a patch just like yours, where were you at? I was in Kaiserslautern/Sembach from 2009-2012

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
Hey bolo4tom, I’ve got a patch just like yours, where were you at? I was in Kaiserslautern/Sembach from 2009-2012

I was with Company HQ and 2nd platoon based in Butzbach, but our patrol area was also Kirchgoens aka 'the rock', Friedberg and some of Giessen. We had other platoons in Fulda, Bad Hersfeld and Wildflecken. I was there from June 88 to Jan 92. im an old, old man now, lol

Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:

I used to go to K-Town from Baumholder on payday sometimes Big Grin

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can honestly say that ive NEVER had anyone, even close friends, be so generous and giving to me personally. His gift is absolutely unexpected and meaningful and says so so much bout his character and kindness.

This has happened more than once and is just a small part of what makes this forum special.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post