SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So what are you doing to prepare/stock up for the corona?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So what are you doing to prepare/stock up for the corona? Login/Join 
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
My wife just got back from our Mpls, MN CUB - She is on the tail end of a nasty cold - Masked up and gloved -

No TP - Jumbo Eggs $1.69 -
Bread ok - No Lysol or bleach - Still crazy -
Canned goods in good supply.

Posts: 493 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
In 2014, my wife and I were into prepper shows. We sealed up 35 pounds of Basmati rice and dried pinto beans.

Two days ago, we broke open the rice since there's none to be found anywhere. Felt kind of cool and surreal that we actually did something six years ago and it's now showing to be useful

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
We were in pretty good shape for most things when the panic buying hit. We have been buying our eggs from a farm for 2 or 3 years; still $2.50/doz. Somehow, I came down with a damn cold. Talked to my doctor’s office and was reassured that it’s not THE virus, but my wife went out to get a Rx cough suppressant. We haven’t had a thermometer for a couple years, ours quit working. No thermometers to be had. We ordered one online and had to look through a bunch to find one that could be delivered relatively quickly—most are on BO. Tylenol is a hot commodity. Very hard to find.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Adding more food on trips to Costco. Already had the TP and ammo, so no shortage there. Picking up more snacks for the kids, since they are not allowed in school until May. Buying an extra pack of shelf stable items, such as oatmeal, canned food, granola bars, etc. whenever possible

Posts: 186 | Registered: April 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
In 2014, my wife and I were into prepper shows. We sealed up 35 pounds of Basmati rice and dried pinto beans.

Two days ago, we broke open the rice since there's none to be found anywhere. Felt kind of cool and surreal that we actually did something six years ago and it's now showing to be useful

Definitely interesting and a rare-ish experience.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Stocked up on fish tank cleaner.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Just paid off the remainder of my credit card so that I am 100% debt free other than the usual recurring bills.

I've been put on furlough until the end of April.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
OK. Serious stuff.

If this drags on too far into April we apparently have a "wine problem"!

Posted from a friend. Who says "April 1st!!!"

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
I'm planning on buying a really good holster for my LNIB 1979 6" Bright Nickel Colt Python.

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rh:
I'm planning on buying a really good holster for my LNIB 1979 6" Bright Nickel Colt Python.

A beauty like that definitely deserves leather. Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Stocked up on fish tank cleaner.

Oh, that is funny! I just watched a YouTube Crowder video on the subject...

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1118 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Just paid off the remainder of my credit card so that I am 100% debt free other than the usual recurring bills.

I've been put on furlough until the end of April.

I'd suggest the opposite.... run the cards up and don't plan to pay after society collapse... screw the banks... they are evil.

As for prepping and guns... nothing has changed in my home... loaded semi stashed in every room... besides one on my side 95% of the time. Then of course there are the rifles.......

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
December 28th I was likely dosed with the heebie-geebie virus. Six days later, the nastiest bronchitis on the planet descended upon my chest. I'd hit McD's for four large Coke's then the grocers for certain chicken soups during bried periods of wakefulness. Still have a stash of soups and canned beans. Plenty of oatmeal and grits. But my idea of making up a Flu-Bag with soup, meds, etc, never happened. Maybe I'll invest the $50+ this summer. And learn how to make powdered Gatorade mix.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Was at Costco picking up my Costco credit card rebate yesterday and saw lots of people in the parking lot with the precious TP!! Picked up a single (1/customer) 30-roll pack (now we have 2) along with some USDA Prime Strip steaks ($10.99 / lb thank you very much!!!) and the "1 per customer" pack of eggs...

Freezer is full: chicken, pork chops, pork loin, ground beef, steak, frozen veggies, Aldi's schnitzel

Pantry is full: canned goods like soups, tomato sauce, beef and chicken broth, pasta, beans, rice, flour

Fridge is full: milk, eggs, yogurt, kefir, produce (apples, celery, carrots, onions)

Need some baking potatoes though...

We've been patronizing 1 or two local restaurants for take-out on the weekends recently and will continue to do so

Also got cash on hand just in case.

Two 30-lb cylinders of propane.

Need to fire up the generator to make sure it runs if/when needed (damn it better not come to that) and tank up on ethanol-free gas.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Stores here have no eggs. Everything else besides hand sanitizer is plentiful.

Strangely, there are signs that limit to only one gallon of milk, but every place is overflowing with every type and brand of milk imaginable.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Picked up this years supply of heart worm meds for the dogs.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Hand sanitizer, baby wipes, TP and paper towels seem to be the shortage items around me. The bread aisle was completely empty one day, but refilled the next and since, so I don't think there's an issue there. A lot of stores are limiting purchases to one or two items of specific types (cases of bottled water, milk, hamburger and a few others).

About 9 years ago I had my old electric furnace and water heater replaced with gas models. The WH was located in a pantry in the kitchen. When they put in the new one I had them relocate it out to the garage, and I put some steel shelving in that space in the pantry. I use that for reserve food storage. My roommate has had problems understanding the rationale for that. When the whole Covid-19 thing ramped up and just a few things became scarce, she said to me "NOW I understand why you have that extra food!" Roll Eyes

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was at Publix supermarket at 2pm in Pompano Beach, FL yesterday. Everything fresh was fully stocked, veggies, deli, meats, milk, eggs, bread, yogurt, etc. Lots of dry goods completely out: many cereals, canned veggies, canned tuna etc., olive oil, completely out. TP, Paper towels, hand soap, dish soap, hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, completely out. Frozen veggies completely out except okra. A lot of frozen dinners picked over, but still a pretty good selection.

I always stay fully stocked on: water, paper towels, toilet paper, dog food, b/s chicken, filet mignons, etc., only because I hate going shopping for those things, so I try to only go to the pet store once every 3-4 months, or Costco about every 6 weeks. One thing I need to stock more of is frozen veggies, as I only have about 6 meals of those in the freezer as I usually eat fresh veggies with every meal.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
filled a few 5 gal water jugs at the grocery store machine last week right outside the entrance with no line or waiting. felt like charlton heston / the omega man as it was 3 am. still $1.75 to fill one. i normally wait for 4 to fill before i go - made a special trip yesterday to fill 1 and still no problems.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Bought a G45 today.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post