SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So what are you doing to prepare/stock up for the corona?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So what are you doing to prepare/stock up for the corona? Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Nothing new. We have been preparing for decades. The other day when I was in the grocery store to get my fix of Dr Pepper and the rest of the shoppers were maniacally emptying the shelves in semi panic, I walked the aisles calmly marveling at the scene before me. There was nothing we needed that was not in store in abundance at home. When this panic is over I'll continue as usual just like with my ammo acquisitions.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stocked up on cat food and litter. I can fend for myself. He cant, unless he goes free range.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Had the talk. Told the wife that we had a good 3 weeks of supply. The bad news, she’s going to have to eat the “gross” stuff too. Poor thing, she’s kind of a Domino’s and Reese Cup diet girl. It’ll get rough around here.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I've got some groceries, some peanut butter, to last a couple of days.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Need to go get more vodka. Getting a bit low.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a six month supply of Wise freeze dried food we bought off of Amazon a few years ago. It only allows for 2000 calories per day so I might lose a little weight if this gets worse.

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stocked up at the beginning of this have a months worth of food was going to top off at Costco, the line to just get in yesterday was over an hour and wrapped around the outside of the building.

I drove away

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tylenol, a few Gatorades, bottle of George Dickel, but otherwise just replacing items I've used the past two-three weeks. Like to be prepared for a week at least restricted to home, such as a tropical storm or blizzard.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Nothing. I figure I have a little over two weeks worth of food. More if I deplete the stuff in the freezer. Do people not keep Tylenol and normal flu stuff?

If anyone thinks the stores will be closed for two weeks, you have another thing coming. If King Andy were to close them today by executive fiat, there would be riots and looting by the weekend. That may be his strategy just the same. He seems to like his power by executive order, and has made it clear that he doesn’t mind destroying the state to save it from itself.

We are painfully close to violence right now.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- To prepare for the spread of coronavirus in the United States, doctors originally said you could stock up on your favorite over-the-counter medications, said the director of the Ohio Department of Health.
Pain relievers could alleviate the fever and aches that come with the COVID-19 coronavirus, doctors say. But a report March 14 from the French health minister warned that anti-inflammatory medications, such as ibuprofen, could aggravate the disease and recommended acetaminophen instead. ac

I have read this from several sources. This is from the Cleveland Clinic. Stay away from ibuprofen. Go with Tylenol (acetaminophen).

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Business as usual, pretty much. Wash the hands more when around my 80 year old mother. Wipe stuff down more often. Other than that....already prepared. Not because I’m a “prepper” but because that’s the way I was raised, and I detest going to town.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Nothing. I already have plenty of food, toiletries, guns, ammo and booze. I am a bit low on beer but have plenty of bourbon/whiskey and wine.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Stock up? What's this "stock up" you speak of?

Every couple of days I go to the grocery store to buy fresh fruit and veggies. I have canned food in the pantry.

My house is small, so there isn't a whole lot of room to "stock up." Why, I'd have to get rid of some of my guns and guitars to free up space.

Uh-uh.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
But I ain't got no speakers, ain't got no headphones Ain't got no records to play

quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I've got some groceries, some peanut butter, to last a couple of days.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- To prepare for the spread of coronavirus in the United States, doctors originally said you could stock up on your favorite over-the-counter medications, said the director of the Ohio Department of Health.
Pain relievers could alleviate the fever and aches that come with the COVID-19 coronavirus, doctors say. But a report March 14 from the French health minister warned that anti-inflammatory medications, such as ibuprofen, could aggravate the disease and recommended acetaminophen instead. ac

I have read this from several sources. This is from the Cleveland Clinic. Stay away from ibuprofen. Go with Tylenol (acetaminophen).

Good info. Thanks for posting!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Just booze.

This. I'm not going out to eat, so a few Yuengling in the fridge is a necessity.

I don't get the buying water thing. This isn't an ice storm or a hurricane where the power system is going down.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12745 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Extra 12 pack, stocked up on frozen dinners, and I picked up both Blade runner movies in 4k.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Jesse’s Feb 16th multi-page thread (ie before the madness) was the time to stock-up. Around here, the run on the grocery stores happened last Thursday.

A March 16th post about stocking up is trying to put genie back in the bottle.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
My wife and I will be making our 3,000 mile trip home from Florida in 2 weeks. I bought a number of Keto Meal Bars for food along with mixed nuts, summer sausage and cheese. I don't know if restaurants will be open along the way and we will not be partaking of the motels free breakfasts.

Could be an interesting trip.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
We've been fattening up the gray squirrels all winter with the bird feeders.

Have plenty of .177 pellets. Need more squirrel recipes.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post