SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So what are you doing to prepare/stock up for the corona?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So what are you doing to prepare/stock up for the corona? Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
If anyone thinks the stores will be closed for two weeks, you have another thing coming. If King Andy were to close them today by executive fiat, there would be riots and looting by the weekend. That may be his strategy just the same. He seems to like his power by executive order, and has made it clear that he doesn’t mind destroying the state to save it from itself.

We are painfully close to violence right now.

Please explain jlj, who is Andy? and what violence is close to breaking out of which you speak?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
quote:
If anyone thinks the stores will be closed for two weeks, you have another thing coming. If King Andy were to close them today by executive fiat, there would be riots and looting by the weekend. That may be his strategy just the same. He seems to like his power by executive order, and has made it clear that he doesn’t mind destroying the state to save it from itself.

We are painfully close to violence right now.

Please explain jlj, who is Andy? and what violence is close to breaking out of which you speak?
Andy Beshear D-Governor of KY.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to the grocery store yesterday more out of couriousty then a need for items. The sheleves were completely full and I grabbed a few steaks, coffee, and toilet paper. No hoarding at this store and everyone was calm and cheerful.

We probably have enough food to not go hungry for 3 weeks or so if things got bad...live on 30 acres in the woods with an underground spring fed creek so fresh water shouldn't be a problem...if things get too bad I'll shoot a deer.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went on our normal Costco run yesterday, just picked up a couple extra of the things we normally buy (ground beef, cheese, vegetables, ect). Nothing really out of the ordinary nor anything we wouldn't use in the next few week.

Went to the local grocery store this morning and picked up some extra cat food, some extra flavored sparkling water to go with the Crown, just in case.

Basically just the next two shopping trips into one trip.

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
going for bottled water ,this a.m., just the normal amount though , 14 cases ( 1 gallon bottles , 3 per case)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I stocked up on cat food and litter. I can fend for myself. He cant, unless he goes free range.

We did the same. As soon as we heard the China factories were shut down we placed an order into Chewy.

We were pretty well stocked up already but topped off on some meats and canned goods.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Did everyone's water supply dry up all of a sudden? Why the insatiable need for bottled water??

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its all I drink and cook with ,
I know whats in it , Hydrogen and oxygen

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Its all I drink and cook with ,
I know whats in it , Hydrogen and oxygen
And plastic ...

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you know?
I have read dozens of articles about micro plastic bottles and all sorts of food containers.

And they all make it sound horrible,
But I've never read any specifically about di1 gallon distilled water bottles, not one.

I guess we have to just assume that since its a plastic container, that it too , has micro plastics in the water.

And maybe thats why I am obese, a bit forgetful and have only 44% kidney function.

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
A bit of a silver lining:

With restaurants closing all over, lobster sales are way down and stocks are up.

Therefore, prices at the local coop are down. $6.00 a pound for live lobsters.

Guess what's for supper at our house tonight?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
you know?
I have read dozens of articles about micro plastic bottles and all sorts of food containers.

And they all make it sound horrible,
But I've never read any specifically about di1 gallon distilled water bottles, not one.

I guess we have to just assume that since its a plastic container, that it too , has micro plastics in the water.

And maybe thats why I am obese, a bit forgetful and have only 44% kidney function.

What's wrong with your tap water? Are there contaminants you've found from having it tested? Just about any contaminant can be removed with the correct filtering system.

I also don't understand the mass buying of bottled water. Frown

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Ordered 100 cigars, CI had a St Pattys deal that was smoking hot....

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Did most of my stocking up starting about a month ago. I've previously only ever had 1-2 weeks of food and other essentials on hand, but this time seemed like it was going to be different, thanks in no small part to the other thread about Corona on this forum.

I figure I'll continue to mostly eat and replenish the most perishable stuff I always eat, but have extra rice, oats, and canned goods in the cabinet, and full meals, meat, cheese, and bread in the freezer.

I've got MRE bars and Mountain House meals as my last options.

I'd also stocked up on TP, soap, dish & laundry detergent, dog food, contact lens supplies, a few weeks ago. So I think I can make it 30-60 days pretty well on what I've got in the house.

For now, if the stores are stocked and not too crowded, I'll probably shop once a week, to keep fresh veggies, fruit, meat, etc. topped off, and leave my longer lasting foods alone until it seems like the sickness is all around.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I, personally, am doing nothing differently than I would for myself in my normal routine. I'm more concerned about my kitties and had my next auto-ship of canned food sent today (instead of Friday) and will go get another 35lb container of litter this afternoon.

As for "the panic", I'm starting to notice a trend here...Texas is pretty much running "business as usual" in the sense Gov. Abbott is recommending the CDC guidelines. What I'm seeing from a LOT of "D"-run states, though, is this POWER GRAB. I believe some have mentioned curfews. Others have mentioned MANDATORY edicts that may be outside the scope of their power.

Just observing...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I'm hoarding limes for when people break out the Corona.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Went to walmart this morning. They were hit pretty hard over the weekend, but did get most of what was on the list. They were completely out of dog food though. Whats up with that? I had to go to Orschelin's to get my puppy chow.

We have a pretty big pantry which is always mostly full so that is pretty much the sum of our hoarding. I don't care about bottled water as we have our own well and the water is excellent.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Nothing. Been stocked for years and rotate out as needed.

This is what I do. I already had over a full case of toilet paper, paper towels, plenty of B/S/ chicken and Filet mignon in the freezer..... Only thing I stocked up on were some this' and that's......fresh veggies last Saturday (for as long as they last before going bad)

YES- bottled water has disappeared here. Publix here is out of meat and produce from what friends have told me. Several people cited people having to stay at home to babysit their kids instead of coming to work....truck drivers, stock personnel, etc.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Not much. I will not horde and join the dirtbags. If I buy more than I need, someone else doesn't get what they need. So at best +1 week compared to what I normally stock.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought more Whistle Pig and Bulleitt. That’s it.

Posts: 668 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post