SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So what are you doing to prepare/stock up for the corona?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So what are you doing to prepare/stock up for the corona? Login/Join 
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
I popped open a 50 pound bucket of rice that we put away in 2012; still good. I also opened a large jar of Skippy peanut butter dated to "best use" before July, 2013. Neither the grandkids or myself can tell any difference from supposed fresh stuff.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Popped a can of vienna sausages purchased in 2010. Tastes the same.

1. Check can for rust (discoloration is rust)
2. Check reflections that top and bottom are still concave not convex.
3. Check that top and bottom by pressing on ends to check doesn't press in.
4. Watch for squirts (pressure) when you puncture can, pop top or break seal.
5. Check color, odor, texture.
6. Check taste.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Just paid off the remainder of my credit card so that I am 100% debt free other than the usual recurring bills.

I've been put on furlough until the end of April.

I'd suggest the opposite.... run the cards up and don't plan to pay after society collapse... screw the banks... they are evil.

As for prepping and guns... nothing has changed in my home... loaded semi stashed in every room... besides one on my side 95% of the time. Then of course there are the rifles.......

We're a little early in the game for such measures....There will be plenty of time for that later! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I am just finishing jobs around the house I have been meaning to do anyway.

cleaned the garage (found ammo I can't explain having ...door breaching rounds...really?)

adding more external lighting

Finishing up some lowers I have been putting off

adding more IR lights to rifles

picked up some additional HD ammo

Sighted in / confirmed zero on everything I could.

We stocked up lightly, basically buying double what we would have anyway and my bucketed stock is still there.

Spending time with the family and getting into the back yard during the mild Texas Spring has been great.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Just paid off the remainder of my credit card so that I am 100% debt free other than the usual recurring bills.

I've been put on furlough until the end of April.

I'd suggest the opposite.... run the cards up and don't plan to pay after society collapse... screw the banks... they are evil.

As for prepping and guns... nothing has changed in my home... loaded semi stashed in every room... besides one on my side 95% of the time. Then of course there are the rifles.......

We're a little early in the game for such measures....There will be plenty of time for that later! Wink

He's an overachiever, what can you say? Big Grin

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
I also opened a large jar of Skippy peanut butter dated to "best use" before July, 2013. Neither the grandkids or myself can tell any difference from supposed fresh stuff.
Let us know if you are blowing it out both ends later today!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Popped a can of vienna sausages purchased in 2010. Tastes the same.
Aren't they loaded with so much salt and vinegar it would be hard to tell if they turned? Wink

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post