SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    worx tools , does anyone own them ? use them
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

worx tools , does anyone own them ? use them Login/Join 
posted
Curious as to your experience with the brand

blowers and such , you've seen them on commercials

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
I have the Weed/Edge Trimmer in 32v - Love it. My walks are the envy of the neighborhood. Bought the Blower in 32v. Now 2 32v batteries and a 2nd charger. Bought the Hedge trimmer 32v - Again another nice tool and now 3 x 32v batteries - all within 2 years. Now I would love the little power washer - but noooo - they stopped making 32v products.

So my 32v family is 3 - But their products are Slick compared to many other contenders. I would buy more but now have to go with 20v.

Posts: 493 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
My step father has the Worx 32v trimmer. I used it one time and the shaft is way too short if you’re above average height. My back was getting sore after 5 minutes of use (I’m 6’3”). He is 5’8” and has no problems though.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I have the Worx Hydroshot. I use it to wash my car or clean my deck. Works great.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bourbon goes in and
Knowledge comes out
Picture of majik61
posted Hide Post
I have the 20V Weed Eater/Edger, and the 120V Chain Saw. Both work great.

----------------------------------Why worry and hurry through life? You can't come out of it alive.

Posts: 186 | Location: Florence SC | Registered: January 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the blower and the jigsaw/sawzall convertible combo and have had no issues. When the first saw bit the dust in a cloud of electrical smoke, after heavy use, I called them and they sent me a new one out right away under warranty.

They aren't heavy duty tools but great for light use. I still have a corded sawzall and jigsaw as well as a gas blower but they are good for quick access.

Posts: 868 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My boss just got the Worx Turbine leaf blower about 2 months. It’s so much better than the 18v Black & Decker blower it replaced - quieter and blows so much more air and the battery is better.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I got the 56 volt two-pack: blower, and trimmer / edger.

They worx fine, except the spool of string for the trimmer sometimes gets stuck and does not feed well, so it is sometimes necessary to remove the battery (a safety step), and un-tangle the line on the spool.

Once the spool is used, I might get some bulk line and wind it myself; we'll see how that goes.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
anyone else?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not a fan of any vendor who plays games with the voltage powering their devices. It's one reason why I will stick with Milwaukee without fail.

BTW, all these voltage games are nothing but a scam to suck people into buying more batteries and new chargers. The plain truth is that when it comes to power the voltage really doesn't matter, what matters is the Amp Hour capacity of the battery. Because it's now quite simple to electronically increase or decrease the voltage as needed AT THE MOTOR. So, while the 56 Volts sound impressive it's all smoke and mirrors and in fact a 56 volts battery can be a real safety hazard in some circumstances. Heck, while it's very rare there have been instances where someone was fatally electrocuted with a 12 V car battery.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post