SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Questions about a Will?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions about a Will? Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
What JAllen said.

I’d add that having had a son that died without a will at 40, more than anything he left behind a mess of issues that needed to be sorted out by people who didn’t need to be dealing with that brand of complication. He was divorced and left behind 3 children. He managed to have enough credit to get a loan for a house with a woman he was not married to. His estate was primarily debt. The woman claimed common law marriage to the court and probated his estate in order to get his name off the deed/loan of the house. Way more issues than I’ll go into here. In short, those who are left behind should not have to spend money or jump through hoops to clean up whatever life you might leave. Wills are not that expensive. Decide what you want done and have it documented.

I couldn't say it better. Get a will.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post