SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Go Fund me to help build the wall ...... Snailmail address added for non GFM users. Moving dirt in April!! HBO vid pg 14.
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Go Fund me to help build the wall ...... Snailmail address added for non GFM users. Moving dirt in April!! HBO vid pg 14. Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
An easier way to look at it is we are currently at the $17 mark out of $1,000. It really puts into perspective just how much more 1 billion is than 1 million.
And that's an "American billion"--a "British billion" is a million Millions, 1000 times larger.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
An easier way to look at it is we are currently at the $17 mark out of $1,000. It really puts into perspective just how much more 1 billion is than 1 million.
And that's an "American billion"--a "British billion" is a million Millions, 1000 times larger.

flashguy

So a trillion then. Got it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30403 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Im 100% for the wall but there are too many questions I have to give money to the GFM account...

I'm about broke and a notorious tightwad, but I found $25 to put up. Sigmonkey vouched for the guy running it. What more do you need?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9153 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Im 100% for the wall but there are too many questions I have to give money to the GFM account.

While it is a symbolic message at this point what are the methods and legalities this money being directly applied to the wall?

Right all this is doing is making money for GFM as they are making interest off the 17 million they are holding.

I would gladly donate $100 if I knew the money was applied to the wall and it was actually being built.

This pervasisve attitude is precicesly why the number of donations hasn't topped even half a million yet. The number of people donating would send a much more important message I believe than the actual dollar amount raised.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30403 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
And you can mail your check directly to Brian should you not want GFM to see any profits. I don’t know how much Brian has received through the mail, he hasn’t mentioned that in his email updates to his contributors.
One good thing about the GFM page, is that people know right away how much is being raised by the minute, and how much is being contributed by individuals.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Update from Brian:

We are chuggin along everyone! We hit $17 MILLION yesterday and we're by far the largest GoFundme based off of donors.

I'am heading to DC today to meet with Lawmakers, Lawyers, have a few Fox News interviews and we are finalizing our game plan to allow the funds to be used on the wall directly. You all will be very happy to see what a little hard work can achieve and how we have it pulled off.

KEEP ON RAISING FUNDS! Be our mouth, we are going to get the wall and we are not stopping

Visit WeFundTheWall.com and SIGN our petition! Twitter is lying and saying it steals your password. Fox News will be exposing them tomorrow!

Keep up the good fight, we are making history! Help spread the word!

https://ca.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWallj

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I'm going to send off a donation once I get home - if nothing else its a message about being fed up

as far as the ultimate us, I expect that it will end up as part of the wall

I am sure there will be some sort of place in the wall where the contributors will be recognized

I'd rather have my name on it as a patriot, than not

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
$17.378,000 plus. Pushing 300k people who have chosen to donate. Way to go America. Let’s keep this train rolling!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
$17.6 million. Chugging along!

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Come on, people of America, keep this thing going!! We need to show Pres. Trump that we back him, and his border wall!!

Posts: 6616 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee is offering a Bill that would deny applying any non-government funds to building the Wall, among several other nefarious schemes. I predict it won't pass the Senate, and even if both houses passed it that President Trump would not sign it. Almost certain that a 2/3 veto override would not happen.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sent a small amount as it is all I can afford. I’ll be sending more each week.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
Almost to $18 million. Come on Americans!

FBLM LGB!

Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
$18,000,240.00

posted Hide Post
We need Hannady, Ingerham, and Tucker Carlson to get behind this on their nightly shows. The Hill News to do it also. We can pull this thing off, and it will put the DemoRats in a very bad light!!

Posts: 6616 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Wait until after the new year and people refocus on this.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post

Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
$18,166,000 and growing. Great job fellow patriots!

FBLM LGB!

Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
$18.2 million plus. Over 300k contributors. Awesome.

FBLM LGB!

posted Hide Post
Ah, music to my ears!!!