SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Go Fund me to help build the wall ...... Snailmail address added for non GFM users. Moving dirt in April!! HBO vid pg 14.
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Go Fund me to help build the wall ...... Snailmail address added for non GFM users. Moving dirt in April!! HBO vid pg 14. Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
Stick them with the bill? I don't think so. Say your neighbor builds a fence between your house and his. Then he comes over and hands you the bill. Are you going to pay it? Even if you thought the fence was a good idea would you pay it? I wouldn't.

If or when the wall gets built (or fence, or electronic monitoring system, or whatever) the US taxpayer is going to pay for it and no one else. What's good about that is that the taxpayer doesn't have to agree or disagree.

Oh, you're taking it literally. You thought Trump meant that the Mexican President was going to whip out one of those big checks like those Publisher Clearing House winners get and make it payable to the US Citizens.

I took it to mean that we would start to prevent the flow of US business into Mexico, taxing products coming out of Mexico, taxing cash being sent to Mexico, etc. You know, them really paying for it without writing a check.

This assessment is spot on. I still cannot believe that anyone thought that Mexico would be paying for the wall with up front money just because Trump worded it that way. He is a businessman and was speaking in his language. And the Mexican government heard it loud and clear.

It isn't all that hard to see who is in control of that relationship. Mexico needs the US vastly more than the other way around. Without our infusion of cash into all aspects of their economy...boom. Instant third world country.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Some #leftist reporter was trying to get GFM to take it down because it's 'racist'.

That's when you KNOW it's driving them CRAZY!!!!!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
I didn’t realize who this guy was until I saw an article about him on the front of the local mullet wrapper.
Then I saw on my home page for my home computer an article about him on messnbc or nbc. Went to the article and of course it was trying to belittle him. Only mentioned some websites and Facebook pages he was involved in and trying to make him seem like a right wing whackadoodle. Absolutely nothing about being a wounded warrior or his service to his country. DISGUSTING!

Posts: 1222 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I'm not going to link to the GoFundMe site, but some butthurt snowflake in D.C. has started a counter fund to the Trump Wall Fund. It's called Ladders for climbing over Trump's Wall or something equally retarded like that.

It's hilarious and quite satisfying how angry this stuff is making these people. Very satisfying indeed.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I'm not going to link to the GoFundMe site, but some butthurt snowflake in D.C. has started a counter fund to the Trump Wall Fund. It's called Ladders for climbing over Trump's Wall or something equally retarded like that.

It's hilarious and quite satisfying how angry this stuff is making these people. Very satisfying indeed.

Amen brother.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Almost 13 million . . . .

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Pissing off the Left is certainly good and fun.

This particular approach seems like a bad idea in general, though, and will pay for, what, 100ft of wall or some such? Hardly an effective funding strategy, and an expensive marketing campaign if that's the goal (making a point, raising awareness, etc).

How about our government cuts some other expenditures instead, rather than the people coughing up millions more (to a 3rd party, no less)? Is this even legal and possible, for private citizens to raise money and then assure it goes to the correct thing? Seems doubtful.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Pissing off the Left is certainly good and fun.

This particular approach seems like a bad idea in general, though, and will pay for, what, 100ft of wall or some such? Hardly an effective funding strategy, and an expensive marketing campaign if that's the goal (making a point, raising awareness, etc).

How about our government cuts some other expenditures instead, rather than the people coughing up millions more (to a 3rd party, no less)? Is this even legal and possible, for private citizens to raise money and then assure it goes to the correct thing? Seems doubtful.

I think about it a bit differently. This provides the president with a cudgel he can use on the dems. They can respond a few ways. If the amount never grows to an appreciable amount (relatively speaking) and they belittle the efforts of the "deplorables", then watch what happens. If the amount grows to an appreciable fraction of the amount needed, then they will have to take things seriously. Unless they can keep this completely cut off from getting into the MSM (unlikely), this is going to be a no-win for them. I love it.

Ken S.

Posts: 1049 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cyberiad:...I don't think the wall is a good idea.

Also, what's to stop all the gofundme money from ending up in someone's pocket?

1. The wall is like the lock on your front door.
Having it does not mean you cannot have people over, or have the cable guy, the plumber, maid etc. come in, it means you have control over who has access to your home, and under your rules. Or do you truly believe the intent of wall is to prevent 100% immigration? (and so far from the truth or reality to be ludicrous)

2. Nothing. But, people can choose to give or not give, knowing this. Taxes on the other hand. 20-30% (as an average) are taken by laws from us and we have not real say so over what they are spent on, if they are "appropriated" for another program other than what one has voted for.

So, yeah, I "gave" my money to the cause. With the hope that it will go to fund the wall, but if it only is another "voice" added to many voices that cause the GDC's to stop and take note that "We the People..." are tired of the crap, then it is money well spent.

Makes me wonder.
Much like the anti-gunner, projecting their fear; "I might use a gun to harm someone". If those (who do not intend to give a dime to this cause) worrying about "someone taking the money and running", is nothing more than the projection of being in a position to do that very thing themselves.

Nearly a 1/4 million people in 4 days have made a little noise. And once it goes "Broken Arrow", ..."My God, there's no hiding it now."

I want this.

"Mr. Trump, put up this wall!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I want this.

YES. The wifey and I discussed it and decided to donate. The only reason we discussed it was because we usually make a pretty decent contribution to our grand kid's 529 plan this time of year. The consensus we reached was that a college education will be worthless in 15 years if we don't get a grip on the raiders on the southern border. We did Bytes family(2) x 2 donation. The grand kids will get a little bit less this year.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Rep. Jim Jordan (OH) called Brian this afternoon to congratulate him on the huge success of the campaign. He said that this campaign absolutely impacted congress and how they voted last night to fund the wall.

And thanks to a 1/4 million who have donated.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Interesting update. If they can attach these funds to the spending bill, will the funds carry over indefinitely as long as the GoFundMe is active? Imagine the optics of the dems voting against this.

quote:

Update 8
Posted by Brian Kolfage
5 hours ago

WE CAN GIVE THE FUNDS TO THE GOVT!! we need HR 7207 lumped in with Gov Funding Bill!
CONTACT YOUR REPS NOW INFORM EVERYONE

I spoke to Rep Warren Davidson and the bill is ready but will only work if passed now with funding bill before Dems take control.

https://www.congress.gov/membe...ren-davidson/D000626

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
This has to be one of the biggest go fund me campaigns to date I would assume. What a great idea!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by cyberiad:...I don't think the wall is a good idea.

Also, what's to stop all the gofundme money from ending up in someone's pocket?

1. The wall is like the lock on your front door.
Having it does not mean you cannot have people over, or have the cable guy, the plumber, maid etc. come in, it means you have control over who has access to your home, and under your rules. Or do you truly believe the intent of wall is to prevent 100% immigration? (and so far from the truth or reality to be ludicrous)

2. Nothing. But, people can choose to give or not give, knowing this. Taxes on the other hand. 20-30% (as an average) are taken by laws from us and we have not real say so over what they are spent on, if they are "appropriated" for another program other than what one has voted for.

So, yeah, I "gave" my money to the cause. With the hope that it will go to fund the wall, but if it only is another "voice" added to many voices that cause the GDC's to stop and take note that "We the People..." are tired of the crap, then it is money well spent.

Makes me wonder.
Much like the anti-gunner, projecting their fear; "I might use a gun to harm someone". If those (who do not intend to give a dime to this cause) worrying about "someone taking the money and running", is nothing more than the projection of being in a position to do that very thing themselves.

Nearly a 1/4 million people in 4 days have made a little noise. And once it goes "Broken Arrow", ..."My God, there's no hiding it now."

I want this.

Very well said monkey! I couldn’t agree more.

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to like this idea of "crowd funding" the parts of government we want.... and shutting down the rest. Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24072 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
$14.8 million. Rock n roll America!

FBLM LGB!

posted Hide Post
I just sent a donation, and I feel good about it!! I believe strongly in this effort to build the wall, and to support Pres. Trump.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Fifteen Million. Fricking A this is fun

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
$15,053,579.00
Smile

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post