SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Go Fund me to help build the wall ...... Snailmail address added for non GFM users. Moving dirt in April!! HBO vid pg 14.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Go Fund me to help build the wall ...... Snailmail address added for non GFM users. Moving dirt in April!! HBO vid pg 14. Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
So if we make a voluntary donation to the federal government, they have to do what we want with that money? Who knew!?!?

Taken from the FaceBook site listed on the go fund me page.

How will we get the funds to the right place? We have contacted the Trump Administration to secure a point of contact where all funds will go upon completion. When get this information secured we will update. We have many very high level contacts already helping.

• Republican Representative Steven Palazzo of Mississippi is introducing legislation to direct the Treasury Department to issue government savings bonds which would allow us to fund the wall this method. This is just one option, there are others on the table being discussed.

• 100% of your donations will go to the Trump Wall. If for ANY reason we don't reach our goal we will refund your donation.

• We are working with a law firm on a legal document that will bind the government to using the funds for the border wall itself, nothing else.

• We will hold all funds and not release a single penny until we have all legal aspects covered to ensure our money goes only to the wall.

• If we don’t reach our goal or come significantly close we will refund every single penny.

I believe they are trying their best to make this 100% legit. Like I said, If you don't like it, don't donate. A lot of negativity here, who has a better idea? You think writing your representative is gonna be a better solution. I got a bridge for ya too. Good night ya'll

I tell my stakeholders in my organization, "you get what's in the contract, not what's in the powerpoint". In this case, I would caution, a Facebook post is not a contract.

Posts: 11353 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Personally, I like this approach better. “Wall Bonds”. A safe investment both for your money, and for the future safety of America. As a side effect, a nice “fuck you” to both “gofraudme”, and the leftists.

https://www.businessinsider.co...border-bonds-2018-12

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Having a physical wall in place is absolutely necessary for Trump's reelection in 2020. Despite all his other accomplishments, he will not get the numbers he needs to overcome the Democrat vote machine without the wall. I don't like the idea of the shysters who run GoFundMe getting a big chunk of $$$, but if it is the only practical way of bankrolling the wall, I will make a contribution.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I'm in. Even if it's just for the political message it sends to both the republicans and democrats.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I have a better idea.

Why not contact whomever the government has contracted to construct the wall sections to government specs. Give them money to buy panels. Donate panels to government.

This way no money is being wasted or misappropriated.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15692 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
In also.
This "ask" does not offend me in any way.
Unlike taxes it is totally voluntary.
A good cause nonetheless.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
GFM is taking less than 3% to cover credit card processing fees.

It is not perfect, and I would be first in line with a "bond", however the administrative costs and oversight, would add a significant cost burden to the funds, and add time and complication, and it does not address the fact that we have half of the people that work for "We the People..." saying; "Fuck our employers, we'll do as we damned well please!" while taking our money and spending "time at work", lining their own pockets, and packing golden parachutes.

Let's try and step past a few things, (unless people simply want to make excuses).

1. It's not perfect. Nothing is.

2. This action "speaks for us", maybe pissing it all away, but it is making noise, and I think it is and will do more.

3. How much money do we piss away on bad decisions? I have and do lose at least a $1000 a year on something or another, in food that I throw out because it spoiled. Gas I have used on wasted trips, eating out/fast food because I was too tired to make something, or just wanted a break, buying a thing I thought I wanted or needed, and then realized it was not so important. You get the idea.

4. Imagine the leftest and elitists in the government who realize that the majority of Americans, whom they tax at 20-30%, still have and are willing to use the other 70-80% of their money to "get the job done". It starts bringing home that the people have power to do the job themselves. It only took a couple of incidents where someone I worked for or was accountable to doing "my job" when I failed to deliver to realize that it was not a thing I wanted to experience. I got the message. Some understand this. Some don't.

5. The leftists, the GDCs, SJW and all manner of groups spend a great deal of time, effort and money to erode this country. If $100 of voluntary and discretionary money cannot be spent in an effort, even if it does not reach the intended goal, will certainly have other benefits, and worth the "try".

6. How much do we (on this forum) spend on guns, ammunition, etc, alone, and many with the declared/undeclared, "To defend against tyranny!", yet will not spend a $100 to a cause that actually has the potential to become a real and lasting change?

7. Go to the GFM page, and read it, then read the links provided or search based on the content. If you want to give, Thank you. If you choose not, and have something to say that is a concern, please do. If you simply want to post some vitriolic point of view, please reconsider.

(pardon my lack of eloquence, I am slammed with work, and fitting this in during breaks in the fighting.)

Thanks.

#GoFundTheWall

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This guy seems to be doing everything that he can to make this as legit as possible. $5 billion is a lofty goal indeed, but I think we have a shot if this gets enough publicity.

From the gofundme page:
quote:
UPDATE: WE HAVE THE TOP TRENDING GOFUNDME, BUT GOFUNDME REMOVED IT FROM THE LIST ON THEIR HOMEPAGE! THEY DON'T WANT US TO SUCCEED!

I'm sure that they don't.

By the way, last I checked, it was now up to $642,000. It went up $24,000 in the last five minutes.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Brian is the real deal.

He lives here.

I'm in.

I have paid almost a million dollars in taxes and have had very little say so as to where any of it goes.

So, this paltry amount I give is a damn sure "voice" more than some people may believe.

You can better believe this dog is gonna hunt.

coloradohunter44. I am glad you came back from death years ago, so you could post this. I knew you had a purpose. Big Grin

Thanks monkey. I'm glad to know you believe in him too.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This thing is already up over $776,000. The average donation is over $60. That's pretty impressive.

That's not near enough though. It's amazing how much money this actually is when put on this scale, yet for the US government it's like a drop of water in a swimming pool.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
$830K and I helped. Smile

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Just need to hit that million dollar mark about 5,000 more times... to get close to what it MIGHT cost to build the wall. Not quite sure it's going to get there. Trust me, the sentiment is right on - but it's never going to hit even 1 billion. You are not going to build that wall with a gofundme campaign.

If Mr. President or Congress somehow guarantees this money will go towards a wall (that they can guarantee will eventually get built) I'll be happy to donate.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
I have a better idea.

Why not contact whomever the government has contracted to construct the wall sections to government specs. Give them money to buy panels. Donate panels to government.

This way no money is being wasted or misappropriated.

Yes donate panels with your message on it facing south.

LOL was watching the donations Nancy Pelosi just donated $30. Too funny

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
Fund the wall? I thought Mexico was paying for this shit?

Posts: 4075 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fund the wall? I thought Mexico was paying for this shit?

Some people hear things literally when they should have heard them figuratively and vice versa.

Mexico is "paying for the wall", and has been since the day Trump was elected.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15692 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Over $1 million in two days.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6474 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
My wife read that if the target amount isn’t reached, the donors will all be refunded. Think of the political mileage from this even if it does not hit the mark.

This is what Americans want. Despite the leftists trying to deny them safety and security. And the fake news venues can’t stop the message.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
My wife read that if the target amount isn’t reached, the donors will all be refunded. Think of the political mileage from this even if it does not hit the mark.

This is what Americans want. Despite the leftists trying to deny them safety and security. And the fake news venues can’t stop the message.

Yep either way a huge win!

We hit it, $1B towards the wall AND a loud and clear message this is what America wants. If not, still sends a super strong message that we want border security.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

We hit it, $1B towards the wall AND a loud and clear message this is what America wants. If not, still sends a super strong message that we want border security.

It's a huge (Yuge?) win for those of us who think rationally. For those who would spin it, though, failure to reach the dollar target would be their opportunity to scream, "Look! Americans don't really want this wall -- even private donors couldn't raise enough money!"

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

We hit it, $1 M towards the wall AND a loud and clear message this is what America wants. If not, still sends a super strong message that we want border security.

Fixed it for you lol

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post