SIGforum
Go Fund me to help build the wall ...... Snailmail address added for non GFM users. Moving dirt in April!! HBO vid pg 14.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5630040154

January 10, 2019, 09:38 AM
coloradohunter44
Go Fund me to help build the wall ...... Snailmail address added for non GFM users. Moving dirt in April!! HBO vid pg 14.
$19,918,—- and growing. Almost 20 million. That otta send some kind of message.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!
January 10, 2019, 12:48 PM
nhtagmember
right now its about $40k shy of an even $20,000,000

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

January 10, 2019, 01:08 PM
Strambo
The Bezos divorce thread got me thinking about the wall. You can't spend all that $, if I was that rich, I'd either close the gap to the $1B goal at the end or maybe announce to match funds for every dollar collected up to the goal.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page
January 10, 2019, 02:46 PM
az4783054
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
The Bezos divorce thread got me thinking about the wall. You can't spend all that $, if I was that rich, I'd either close the gap to the $1B goal at the end or maybe announce to match funds for every dollar collected up to the goal.

You would hope that some conservative ideal supporting company would step up. Isn't Bezos a DNC supporter. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else?

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.
January 10, 2019, 04:58 PM
GT-40DOC
I have to say that 20 Million is a significant amount of $$$, and shows a lot of Americans are for the wall, and our President!!
January 10, 2019, 07:00 PM
2012BOSS302
It has broken $20M

January 10, 2019, 07:21 PM
flashguy
And now has been contributed to by 0.1% of the US population. Admittedly, that is a lot of people, but not nearly enough to be persuasive as a grass-roots uprising. The anti-Wall politicians keep saying that a majority of citizens don't want a Wall, but I believe they are wrong. One recent poll suggested that 62% want the Wall, which would argue against the anti's claims. However, the GFM project needs to show much larger numbers of participants before it can be considered an argument that the populace is for the Wall.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
January 11, 2019, 01:25 PM
redstone
New Update:

Link

Eight days before Christmas I started this GoFundMe campaign because I was tired of watching the U.S. government’s inability to secure our southern border. Like most Americans, I see the porous southern border as a national security threat and I refuse to allow our broken political system to leave my family and my country vulnerable to attack.

The plan of action was simple and straightforward to raise money to construct a wall on our southern border. We have raised over $20 Million from 325,000 plus donors and we are only just getting started! I have been literally overwhelmed and inspired by the outpouring of support, calls, and emails from American citizens who support our efforts to Build the Wall. I got some hate as well but that was easy to ignore with all the positive feedback I was getting. I immediately sought out and consulted with some of our country's leading professionals in law, politics, national security, construction, and finance. This team has spent countless hours over the holidays reviewing all issues pertaining to the construction of a southern border wall. Unanimously, we have all come to the conclusion that:

1. The federal government won’t be able to accept our donations anytime soon.
2. We are better equipped than our own government to use the donated funds to build an actual wall on the southern border.
3. Our highly experienced team is highly confident that we can complete significant segments of the wall in less time, and for far less money, than the federal government, while meeting or exceeding all required regulatory, engineering, and environmental specifications.
4. Our team strongly believes that we can complete our segments of the wall for less than half of the government’s estimated costs on a per mile basis.
To show the government how “We the People” can get this done, we have formed a Section 501(c)(4) non-profit Florida Corporation named “We Build the Wall, Inc.” to receive the GoFundMe contributions. Our website can be found at www.webuildthewall.us.

The following individuals serve on the on the advisory board, and construction, finance, and or audit committees, operations, administration, PR, Media and ongoing fundraising:

Brigadier General Dr. Robert S. Spalding III
Industrialist John Daniel Moran, Jr.
Ex-Navy SEAL and businessman Erik Prince,
Former Secretary of State of Kansas Kris Kobach,
Angel Mom Mary Ann Mendoza
Law enforcement and immigration expert Sheriff David Clarke
Fox news contributor and border security expert Sara A. Carter
Former Colorado Congressman and presidential candidate Tom Tancredo
Angel Dad Steve Ronnebeck
Media consultant and journalist Jennifer Lawrence
and many others

We have made significant progress in less than a month. We have begun extensive due diligence and the commencement of feasibility studies engaging leading experts in a variety of fields necessary to construct our border wall. These professionals have provided us with critical guidance on the legal, engineering, contracting, environmental, accounting, maintenance, and real estate issues required to build a wall on the southern border.

We are already taking action on:
• Identifying the most densely crossed areas of the border
• Soliciting affected landowners along the Southern border
• Studying the most feasible solutions based on terrain, barrier styles, environmental impact and efficacy
• Ascertaining the willingness of border landowners to provide no or low-cost easements on their property for wall construction

If the Democrats won't provide the funding for what the American people voted for in 2016 then we the people will. When Americans see us completing real miles of beautiful wall, we know that we will raise the many billions we need to finally secure the entire border. I am 100% committed to secure our southern border and protect Americans.

There is a lot of work ahead of us, but this has never deterred me in the past. With the help of our highly experienced team, and your support, we will make this work!

The Articles of Incorporation and Mission Statement of We Build The Wall, Inc. make delivering on my promise to get a wall on the southern border built the clear objective and purpose of the organization.

“Our mission is to unite private citizens that share a common belief in providing national security for our Southern Border through the construction, administration and maintenance of physical barriers inhibiting illegal entry into the United States. In interpreting the purpose of the Corporation, the Board of Directors and Members of the Advisory Board will consider the impact of a proposed structure on a selected site’s environment and construct barriers primarily designed to prevent illegal access to the United States, rather than cause catastrophic injury. We will focus on building portions of a U.S. Southern Border wall and manage the support operations required for, and the processes associated with, the design, engineering, construction, and maintenance of the wall.”

100% of the funds raised on GoFundMe will be used in the execution of our mission and purpose. To honor the commitment, we made to our donors; all funds raised, less the processing fees and refunds, will be transferred to a special purpose account to carry out the purposes and mission of We Build the Wall, Inc. I will personally not take a penny of compensation from these donations.

When I created this fundraiser, I said if we did not reach our goal we will refund donors. I am honoring that commitment today. We will promptly refund your donation unless you tell us you approve our new plan for action.

I WANT TO BUILD THE WALL!
• You MUST tell GoFundMe you still want to Build the Wall or your contribution will not be included in this historic project.
• ACT NOW. CLICK HERE TO SAY YES! https://bit.ly/2SIQyBg

If you want a refund for your donation, no need to do anything. You will receive your refund a few weeks after the 90 days expires and GoFundMe will notify you once your refund has processed. If you would prefer a refund now, you can request that here: https://bit.ly/2smynWq

You can also contact GoFundMe here. You need to do this by April 10!
https://bit.ly/2D2AKnt

God Bless
Help spread the word!

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson
January 11, 2019, 01:35 PM
nojoy
Dear GoFundMe Customer,

As explained in update #18 on the campaign, you have 90 days to let us know if you’d like your donation to be sent to the new 501(c)(4) organization: We Build The Wall, Inc. If we do not hear from you by April 10, 2019, your donation will be automatically refunded on April 11, 2019, as the specific plan for the use of funds raised on the campaign has changed from what was originally stated.

Please take action through the links below:

Yes, I want my donation to go to We Build The Wall, Inc.

Please refund my donation.

If we don't hear from you, we will refund your donation on April 11, 2019.

Please do not reply to this message. If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.

Thank you,
The GoFundMe Team
January 11, 2019, 01:55 PM
flashguy
I got an e-mail today asking me to confirm that I wanted my donation to go to the new 501(c)(4) account "We Build The Wall, Inc.". Presumably, if I did not perform the confirmation by mid-April my money would be returned to me. I said yes. (I had not seen the 2 previous posts yet.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
January 11, 2019, 02:52 PM
nojoy
I said yes as well. Having the money returned to me in April defeats the purposeWink
January 11, 2019, 07:05 PM
0-0

Cool

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20
January 11, 2019, 09:05 PM
coloradohunter44
Share the news to use this link to allow your donation to be used.

https://support.gofundme.com/h...form_id=360000279271

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: coloradohunter44,

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!
January 12, 2019, 05:11 AM
arfmel
The email from gofundme was in my spam/junk folder. I wouldn’t have found it if not for this thread. Thanks, guys.
January 12, 2019, 10:40 AM
sigmonkey

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
January 12, 2019, 11:08 AM
recoatlift
Excellent sigmonkey!!
January 12, 2019, 12:57 PM
TAllen01
Seems to me that without the government building the wall, there is little chance to use eminent domain to obtain the property. (Hence, this entity's admitted need to explore the "willingness" of property owners to permit an easement for the wall.)

The problem is, without 100% total willingness, you are going to have gaps where each property owner refused to permit an easement. Therefore not a wall (or at most a wall with a lot of gaps that people could just walk right through, which defeats the purpose.).
January 12, 2019, 01:25 PM
2012BOSS302
I gave the ok to switch it over. If our inept government can not figure how to accept/use this money on a wall, then I am ok if it is used as a campaign war-chest the next election cycle to some wall supporting politicians.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.
January 12, 2019, 02:27 PM
newtoSig765
I just gave my OK as well.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18
January 12, 2019, 03:21 PM
Balzé Halzé
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
The email from gofundme was in my spam/junk folder. I wouldn’t have found it if not for this thread. Thanks, guys.

Same here. Went looking back through my junk email and found it.

Just gave the go ahead.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle