SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tarp and compass can't remember where to get
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tarp and compass can't remember where to get Login/Join 
Picture of kg5388
posted
Had one of my bags get misplaced on a trip, two main tings I hate loosing were a compass and tarp

The Boss, Parabellum had a recommended tarp with the silver backing. Not a cheap one but one you could lay on and fix a car or string up for a heat deflector for a camp fire.

The other was a well made button compass.

The bag had a few other things that I have more than one of or never used but the compass, tarp and poncho liner were my favorites in the bag.

Posts: 1846 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kg5388:
Had one of my bags get misplaced on a trip, two main tings I hate loosing were a compass and tarp

The Boss, Parabellum had a recommended tarp with the silver backing. Not a cheap one but one you could lay on and fix a car or string up for a heat deflector for a camp fire.

The bag had a few other things that I have more than one of or never used but the compass, tarp and poncho liner were my favorites in the bag.

REI, Cabela's etc. should have the tarps. They're called Space Blankets. About $17 at REI. Not to be confused with the $2 survival blankets.

https://www.rei.com/product/40...1100000899247&gclid=

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
There is a place called County Comm that has the small compass. CountyComm companion compass
Just be careful, county comm has a lot of “stuff” that we all “need” Big Grin

Posts: 724 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

http://trunord.com

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
For the compass, go to
http://trunord.com/

ETA. Tanner beat me by a minute.
Smile

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
TruNord has a titanium model now. It isn't cheap but it isn't cheaply made.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I briefly perused the TrueNord web site. Are their compass's any better than say a USGI compass? Accuracy, durability, etc?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I briefly perused the TrueNord web site. Are their compass's any better than say a USGI compass? Accuracy, durability, etc?

It wasn’t built by the lowest bidder?

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kg5388
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sauer Kraut:
There is a place called County Comm that has the small compass. CountyComm companion compass
Just be careful, county comm has a lot of “stuff” that we all “need” Big Grin

Have one of those and it's ok but you have to tilt It around to make sure it is free floating

Posts: 1846 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kg5388
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanner:
quote:

http://trunord.com

Yes that is it thanks