SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rear hatch noise . . .
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rear hatch noise . . . Login/Join 
posted
Hello to all! I just brought home my 1984 C4. I have a dirt and gravel driveway, and as the car rides over the bumps, it makes a sound that sounds like glass hitting metal, sort of like when you drop something steel on a glass tabletop. The weatherstrip all the way around looks intact, so could this be from the latch, or does anyone have any other ideas or clues? I CANNOT find it . . . Thanks!

Posts: 1 | Location: AMelia Court House, VA | Registered: October 27, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
You might be better off asking this in the C4 section over at Corvette Forum

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
My rear hatch noise is usually related to diet...

Welcome to the forum Wink

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
C4's are noted for resonating sound in the rear hatch, I couldn't hear the radio when I put
on a set of dual flowmaster mufflers and a borla Y pipe, although I didn't care because it sounded awesome!

Might be time for some dynamat in the rear cargo area, if you want to deaden the noise a bit, most likely it's the large tires picking up rocks and tossing them against the inner wheel wells

You could open the hatch and see if you hear the sound as you roll up the drive slowly.

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On a Wing
and a Prayer
Picture of Pilken
posted Hide Post
Wife has an Outback that has had strange tapping noises coming from the back latch area. I finally figured out that the license plate frame was not secured at the bottom and was flapping, some double sided tape fixed that right up.

-------------------------
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
- Dr. Seuss

Posts: 2624 | Location: FINALLY just outside of Chicagoland | Registered: April 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post