SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Our beautiful Summer is winding down..
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our beautiful Summer is winding down.. Login/Join 
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Come to south Texas, we have 10 months of summer, 6 weeks of cool weather (I.e. cool weather that everyone likes varying from the 40’s to 70’s) and two weeks of what we call cold weather (don’t laugh, if you live here for a while with 10 months of heat every year 30 degrees is cold). At least that’s my assessment of it. We’ve had snow a few times in the 25 years I’ve lived here but it’s gone in hours.

I like the cold weather, due to back injuries I can’t run anymore but winter in South Texas was my favorite time of year to run. Now I ride a bike and it gets pretty cold doing that in the winter.

Posts: 4106 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I love summer. Seems like we get about 8 months of winter here.

Posts: 17885 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I don’t like summer nearly as much as the other seasons; not a fan of heat and humidity unless I’m at the beach. That said, this has been a coolish summer in the eastern panhandle of WV, and a lot rainier than the norm. I have no valid complaints this year.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
Im a triple digit guy. I hate cold weather and already dreading winter. But I feel a little cheated this year as this month has been raining non stop. Already the 2nd wetest August on record and we have a long ways to go.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
It's been triple digit temps since moving to Texas and I'd welcome cooling off, but they say there is no winter here...just fiftys in the winter.

I'm cool with that, I hate being cold.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not an enjoyable summer here in Northeast.

Started off great in June but July & August have been miserable - high heat, high humidity, overcast and rain most days.

Looking forward to fall and cooler weather.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
It's been a warm summer here in western NC, but not overly so. I've spent a lot of time on the lake, which is my favorite summer time activity. But I'm ready for fall.
On the flip side, I hate winter. From Christmas to about the end of March is my most despised time of the year, but without that I don't think I'd appreciate the weather the rest of the year as much.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Summer has been brutal here. I'll be welcoming the colder weather. Then, when it comes, I'll be wishing for warmer temp. And, so it goes.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I love the weather in Louisville except for the tornadoes and floods. Big Grin

July was too hot, August has been average. Rains have come regular so the yardwork has been a little more than usual.

October and November are my favorite months weatherwise, and winters don't bother me much.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not much of a Summer person and I prefer snow. I will miss riding the Harley but that's about it.
Hate mowing the yard and Summer is my busy season.
Looking forward to slowing down and some snow.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
You going to miss the Summer ?
Good God, no. With every fiber of my being, I hate and loathe hot weather.

Mosquities, heat, humidity, high utility bills. If my furnace breaks when it's 25 degrees utside, I have a fireplace and a gas stove and can heat my house. I can also put on warm clothing.
If my air conditioner fails when it's 95 degrees and 65% humidity, I'm fucked all the way.

Screw the summertime .

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
Come on down to Phoenix. We've still got a few months of summer left...
Aww man dont tempt me. I keep Arizona in the back pocket. I do love hanging around in Kentucky and the climate is not bad. Getting my roots planted is another story all together.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Screw that noise. If I had my way I would live where the dog days of summer were 75 degrees max.

I moved from an area like that, to a location with 90-100 degree heat. And I'm much happier as a result Wink.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
DL, where you at? In central Texas the temperature has been 100' for at least two weeks.

Miss it like the plague...
Northern Kentucky. May well end up back across the river working in Cincinnati. Out of my comfort zone there. I been all over Texas as a commercial driver. Parts of Oklahoma too and it does get mighty warm.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Won’t miss the summer at all. I can always put on enough clothes to get warm but can’t take enough off to get cool. I am one of those crazy duck hunters. I love the cold nasty rainy weather!

Posts: 398 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
For the most part, the only time I spend outside is running (actual running on foot, I'm a runner). Usually I just do some standard maintenance in the heat of summer, and in the fall the races heat up and I up the milage a bit. My biggest race is normally the Pittsburgh Marathon in May, so I train heavy through the winter (which can be tricky). But this year I'm doing the Scranton PA marathon. So this is the first summer I'm trained heavy in the summer. It's been nice in many ways. Almost NO treadmill work. All outside. But the long runs (17 yesterday) require water staged for hydration. That's not something I normally do on winter training runs.

I hate winter really. But it's more the filth of it with the crap they spread on the roads and the grey of Western PA from Nov until May. The cold is down on the list of things I hate.
While in Scranton area, there are many a great gun shops. Clark Summit area too. And yes indeed, water. I bet I drank a thousand gallons of ice water this Summer working out doors.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I love summer. Seems like we get about 8 months of winter here.
Reminds me of back in New York State. Just about the least amount of sunny days on the planet.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
I love the weather in Louisville except for the tornadoes and floods. Big Grin

July was too hot, August has been average. Rains have come regular so the yardwork has been a little more than usual.

October and November are my favorite months weatherwise, and winters don't bother me much.
I been to Louisville too and except for traffic, its a great area.

posted Hide Post
Heck yes I'll miss it! I hate the cold! Below 70° to cold, I'm in the weather so to speak year round, I rather be hot and sweaty than cold and frozen!

My summer was a bust this year, I didn't get to take a real vacation, worked a lot, and got nothing done inside or outside of the house.

Still, I got to enjoy a few days here and there. Not looking forward to the cold.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
As I mentioned earlier, we put up with smoke in late summer and I'm looking forward to fall. This is what we put up with most years any more.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post