SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Our beautiful Summer is winding down..
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our beautiful Summer is winding down.. Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
I will truely miss the warmth of the sun. Cooler temps are on the way soon. Sure it's been a hot bugger and I got browned up good this year. Happens when you spend a lot of time out in it working. Cooler weather is one thing but I sure dont relish the cold of Winter. Perhaps next year I will move away from a snow state. You going to miss the Summer ? I bet you had a good one and got a lot done.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
You going to miss the Summer ?

Not for a second. The ONLY thing I like about summer is my garden. Beyond that? You can have the heat, the bugs, the lawnmowing, the tourists, and every other miserable thing that goes along with this season.

Bring on fall!

Posts: 20082 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmc85
posted Hide Post
I'm on the same page minus the snow state part. We've been at the springs, river, or beach every single weekend.

Still got a few more months though...

Posts: 2997 | Location: FL | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rmc85:
Still got a few more months though...

I'm originally from the Chicago area so living in Orlando now, it always feels like summer. Big Grin

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Come on down to Phoenix. We've still got a few months of summer left...

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I'm not one who typically longs for summer in winter or winter in summer. I have my hobbies, likes, and dislikes for each season. this summer was a hot one, a good one, and I am ready for the next season, but it's just the passing of time; I enjoy it as it comes.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Screw that noise. If I had my way I would live where the dog days of summer were 75 degrees max. I am an Eskimo boy at heart and far from Eskimo Boy home.

Give me fall and winter 24/7/365 and I would be thrilled.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Not gonna miss it at all. October-April is where it's at for me.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Been a good summer but I’m looking forward to fall - hopefully we have a cold winter here, like last year it felt good to have to wear a jacket from time to time.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't stand cold weather, but some of that has to do with my past job of working an outside job in it for years. That is what made me loathe cold weather. When you've been out working in the bad & cold weather all day, it seems impossible to get warm after you get home. I'd be chilled to the bone. Now I work an inside job & I feel like I have PTSD flashbacks of the cold & I even worked on the days the roads were closed due to the weather.
So while I enjoy a slight break from the heat, like today I had a jacket on early this morning, it was a beautiful day, I know it means the brutal weather is soon to come. I do not want it to & the only thing that gets me out in it, is the fact that my dog is a Nordic breed & loves it.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
We're still having 90+ temps here and will probably do so for another month. I enjoy the fall and spring here in north Texas; winter is OK (very little snow and temps above freezing most of the time), but the summer is a bear!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
I loathe summer here. More calls, more bs, more crime. Winter traps everyone indoors. The occasional domestic or retail theft, but no large groups of assholes or constantly writing a complaint everynight for arresting the local drug dealer again.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
DL, where you at? In central Texas the temperature has been 100' for at least two weeks.

Miss it like the plague...

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been a pretty typical Yoop summer thus far. Only a handful of days near 90. Soon, Labor Day will occur. We will lose most our bugs and tourists. I look forward to fall, which is regrettably short but beautiful. Then I will get started on my igloo.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I’m looking forward to fall.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Summer has been ok, fall has always been my favorite though. Hopefully I’ll actually get a chance to climb up a tree this year. The humidity of the summer kicks my ass!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am sad that the hours of daylight are getting shorter. I don't mind the cold in the winter, but hate it when the sun sets at 4:30PM.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I get older, my temp tolerance level gets reduced. Right now, 60-75 with low humidity is perfect!it doesn’t help that my wife freezes at work and I work outside most days. So at home we argue over house temp.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1126 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
For the most part, the only time I spend outside is running (actual running on foot, I'm a runner). Usually I just do some standard maintenance in the heat of summer, and in the fall the races heat up and I up the milage a bit. My biggest race is normally the Pittsburgh Marathon in May, so I train heavy through the winter (which can be tricky). But this year I'm doing the Scranton PA marathon. So this is the first summer I'm trained heavy in the summer. It's been nice in many ways. Almost NO treadmill work. All outside. But the long runs (17 yesterday) require water staged for hydration. That's not something I normally do on winter training runs.

I hate winter really. But it's more the filth of it with the crap they spread on the roads and the grey of Western PA from Nov until May. The cold is down on the list of things I hate.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
You going to miss the Summer ?

Not for a second. The ONLY thing I like about summer is my garden. Beyond that? You can have the heat, the bugs, the lawnmowing, the tourists, and every other miserable thing that goes along with this season.

Bring on fall!

Everything he just said, word for word.

Oct and Nov are my favorite months of the year.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post