SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hillary Clinton Once Again Demonstrates She Is Disconnected From Reality
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hillary Clinton Once Again Demonstrates She Is Disconnected From Reality Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Hillary says her husband Bill Clinton should 'absolutely not' have resigned in the wake of the Monica Lewinsky scandal, and did not abuse his power by having sexual relations with her.

Natuonal Review
OCTOBER 15, 2018 By Britt McHenry

Hillary Clinton failed to make history in the way she desired, so the former Democratic nominee for president is trying to re-write it.

Clinton said Sunday her husband Bill Clinton should “absolutely not” have resigned in the wake of the Monica Lewinsky scandal. The former first lady and secretary of state said in a CBS interview she didn’t think her husband’s affair with 22-year-old Lewinsky when she was a White House intern was an abuse of power, because Lewinsky was an adult at the time.

Clinton tersely replied, “absolutely not,” when asked whether Clinton should have resigned following the scandal. When pressed further, she diverted the subject to President Donald Trump’s widely reported allegations of infidelity and sexual misconduct. The problem with Clinton’s what about-ism tactic is that while inappropriate if true, the accusations against Trump occurred before his presidency. Clinton’s accused behavior happened prior to and during his time in office.

Before Lewinsky, Bill Clinton refused to settle a lawsuit with Paula Jones. A former Arkansas state employee, Jones alleged Clinton summoned her to a hotel room and repeatedly made sexual advances towards her, which she rebuffed. Jones also asserted that Clinton and his friends in Arkansas government worked to ruin her reputation and career. The Jones v. Clinton lawsuit came forward during Clinton’s presidency, but he argued that a president should be immune from civil lawsuits. Clinton even referenced John F. Kennedy’s legal troubles through inauguration. However, Kennedy addressed those issues privately and never sought federal protection.

On Nov. 13, 1998, Clinton finally settled with Jones for $830,000 — the entire sum of her claim without an apology — in exchange for her dropping the appeal. Clinton’s problems didn’t stop at Jones. In fact additional ethical failings came to light because of it.

Ken Starr, the former special prosecutor tasked with investigating a multitude of Clinton corruption issues including the failed Whitewater real estate dealings, Vince Foster’s death, Travelgate and the Lewinsky scandal, knows better than most about what he calls the Clinton’s contempt of law. In his recently published memoir of the Clinton investigation aptly titled “Contempt,” Starr detailed how Lewinsky entered the national discourse solely because a former White House employee wore a wire to record a conversation her, in part to help the Jones case. In a lunch meeting, Lewinsky admitted to being coerced into signing an affidavit that said she never received gifts or had sexual relations with the president.

Lewinsky eventually testified that Clinton approached her three times about testifying — even suggested she talk to his secretary Betty Currie. During the investigation, Clinton once again sought executive privilege to block prosecutors from questioning his senior aides. However, a U.S. district judge concluded the need to collect all evidence in obstruction of justice superseded the White House’s interest in confidentiality. It was the first time since Watergate proceedings in 1974 that a president tried to claim executive privilege and failed.

Not only did Bill Clinton’s camp seek to block members of his staff from investigation and encourage women to perjure themselves according to Lewinsky’s testimony, he also perjured himself. He lied under oath when he claimed he never had sexual relations with Lewinsky. Tell us again, Hillary, how that’s not an abuse of power.

Fellatio in the Oval Office constitutes as sexual relations. Hidden make-outs and conversations about sexual plans at a place of work would get a CEO fired. Furthermore, it’s flat out tone-deaf for Hillary to normalize that workplace behavior given the current #MeToo climate. Even if you try to rationalize Hillary’s view of two consenting adults, Bill lying about it while under oath cements those actions as a blatant abuse of power.

The Clintons were never the victims of a crazy right wing conspiracy in the ‘90s, like their ardent supporters claimed. He was impeached in the House and tried in the Senate for good reason. As she did with the unlawful use of a private server to send confidential State Department emails, along with her abject failure of handling the Benghazi attack that left four Americans dead, Clinton has a history of twisting the truth and ethics to her will.

Whether it’s demeaning the 63 million people who voted for President Trump as “Deplorables,” or spinning the history of her husband’s career, there is and always has been a complete disconnect with the Clintons and reality. Thanks for proving it again.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
22 days until the midterm elections and most of the democrat leaders are going bat shit crazy.Hillary says it is ok for the president to screw an intern and Elizabeth Warren has proof she is .09% Indian.Warren's new nickname should be Cherokinda

The mob is alive and well and Republicans are energized.

I shall retire tonight very happy. Smile

Posts: 12660 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Give up power that rightfully ought be mine? That's crazy talk.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
She is toxic waste but too arrogant to know it.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Anyone who works for a government agency and has had sexual harassment training knows she is full of shit and bad manners. For those who haven’t had the training, well...as long as you can see her lips moving you know to reach for your boots and shovel.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PD,

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I hope she is on television every day until the elections. Several times a day. With her cackling laugh. Defending her rapist husband. More Hillary! That is my wish. Put her on tv five times a day and the Democrats won't get a single vote. Not even Bill's. Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Anyone who works for a government agency and has had sexual harassment training knows she is full of shit and bad manners. For those who haven’t had the training, well...as long as you can see her lips moving you know to reach for your boots and shovel.

As well as most of us in the non government world. I had yearly online reviews of the company sexual harassment policy and the year before everybody received workshop training with the corporate law firm.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:

She skipped that class along with the one on handling classified material

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
its great to watch the mob eat their own. my favorite from the interviewer:
"A president of the United States cannot have a consensual relationship with an intern; the power imbalance is too great."

this is the kind of garbage we have today as a reasoned question to anyone. consent is IMPOSSIBLE when you consider the inter-sectional Marxist evolving table of the power hierarchy.

ill never defend a clinton, so ill just attack the question. stupid idiotic, insulting, moronic question. GDC's in their self destructive GDC dance.

Posts: 775 | Location: FL | Registered: November 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Anyone who works for a government agency and has had sexual harassment training knows she is full of shit and bad manners.

Us worker bees are subjected to this shit at least once per year (end of Fiscal Year? Time to submit all of my annual certs, oh, and take all the recurring training that tells me not to compliment my co-worker's figure or leave passwords on Post-Its on the monotor.)

This started in earnest during the WJC administration. Yes, we saw humor in it then, too.

Posts: 2459 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Anyone who works for a government agency and has had sexual harassment training knows she is full of shit and bad manners.

Us worker bees are subjected to this shit at least once per year (end of Fiscal Year? Time to submit all of my annual certs, oh, and take all the recurring training that tells me not to compliment my co-worker's figure or leave passwords on Post-Its on the monotor.)

This started in earnest during the WJC administration. Yes, we saw humor in it then, too.

If I recall correctly, a Marine One pilot was let go because of an affair with a subordinate at the same time Billy was getting blow-jobs from Monica

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
If anyone needs a good chuckle today, this clown over at The Week actually thinks she could take on Trump in 2020 and win:

How Hillary Clinton could win in 2020

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
"Hillary Clinton Once Again Demonstrates She Is Disconnected From Reality"
The clinical term for this is psychosis.

I think most democrats are psychotic. (I am not a doctor.)

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the time I said simply:

CEO of major company gets caught in his office with an intern under similar circumstances. What would happen?

Affairs within the chain of command are pretty much banned everywhere in business. The exception is that since a company cannot regulate your life, if a relationship develops then it must be disclosed to HR and the chain of command relationship severed. But it's kind of hard to avoid chain of command issues when you are the President of the United States.

If Clinton has just done like Kennedy and had affairs with famous actresses, then I think he would have fared better.

Posts: 4702 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hill and Bill are going to start a speaking tour,I suppose it's another idea of theirs to suck some more money from the idiots who still believe in her. It'll be fun watching it crash after the first two or three at most.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
At the time I said simply:

CEO of major company gets caught in his office with an intern under similar circumstances. What would happen?

Affairs within the chain of command are pretty much banned everywhere in business. The exception is that since a company cannot regulate your life, if a relationship develops then it must be disclosed to HR and the chain of command relationship severed. But it's kind of hard to avoid chain of command issues when you are the President of the United States.

If Clinton has just done like Kennedy and had affairs with famous actresses, then I think he would have fared better.

Yeh, back in JFK's day a lot of guys would liked to bang Marilyn.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently a lot of guys did!

Posts: 1499 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post