SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you know anything about Medi Share?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you know anything about Medi Share? Login/Join 
posted
Our new Obama Care-less premium for my wife is going to be $14k plus a deductible of $6k. Since there are so few choices here in Maine (the insurance companies are pulling out of Obama Care-less like rats leaving a ship), we are investigating Medi Share. Do any of you folks have experience with this product? Many thanks!

Posts: 71 | Registered: January 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
My SIL uses it. I looked at it and wasn't sure I felt like it was trustworthy. (As if a health insurance company is).

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I mention this on the Obamacare sticker shock thread. There are now several of these out there...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have heard of it and have read a little on it and it looks pretty good and legit. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our pastor's (large) family has been using it for several years, and really likes it.

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Family Man
posted Hide Post
My family has been using it for a little over two years. We have never actually used the coverage, because our doctor gives a significant discount for cash pay patients. We primarily use it as catastrophic coverage.

Not only is it dramatically cheaper than our previous coverage, but it provides a free telehealth service which is very convenient.

Posts: 987 | Registered: December 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
My wife sells it. email me with a phone number and I will have her call. Unfortunately, she can't sell in Maine.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
Provident,
My wife reported she talked to your wife. She shared that she hoped she help, but added your wife was frustrated just like my wife's other clients....everybody is pissed at Obammer's no care legacy.
Screw the rhinos, those do nothing mouth-breathers.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, indeed the wives spoke, and yours deserves kudos for being kind enough to take the time to share her knowledge. To say that my wife is frustrated with Obama Care-less is an understatement. It has been a nightmare not only because of the $20k+ annual cost, but from just the mechanics of dealing with the Govt (gee, what a shock). The only problem with Medi Share, and it is a really BIG one, is that the largest medical group in Maine, where many of our best doctors are (including ours) does NOT take them. Hard to pay for insurance when you know in advance that you can't use them to pay any bills you might incur. It looks like my wife just won't have any insurance, like 6.5 million other people in our country that are paying the annual fine levied by the wonderful folks at the IRS because they don't have Obama Care-less.

Posts: 71 | Registered: January 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your health ins woes. just as a thought...there are starting to spring up dr offices, that do not take ins, but are based on a monthly fee, in our area. One dr I used to work with, he left the office I did claims on, and now has started up his own practice. He only charges approx 65 a month, and labs, tests, are extremely inexpensive. Something that might cost a few hundred dollars now might cost 12 for example. He had a video out on you tube to get his practice info out there. Maybe you could look for something like that?

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post