SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What were your favorite childhood toys?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What were your favorite childhood toys? Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Draal:
Space 1999 Spaceship with action figures. Fun times in the 70's.

HA! I forgot my Eagle 1!!!!

Also had the Lunar Interceptor from UFO and built the models of SHADAIR and SKYDIVER with Skyone attached.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Growing up in the 50's, Topps Baseball cards, chewing that bubblegum & re-sniffing the baseball cards when the gum got stale.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
This has got to go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfgrREmy68A

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2273 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks for posting that. I saw the Smothers Brothers with my wife and teenage daughters. Sibling rivalry at its best. My kids really laughed hard. Good clean humor.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
Originally posted by eTripper:
Would have to be my bike, a Schwinn 'Stingray'. It was badass for it's time, and also my transportation mode.

eTripper, I had this bike but w/ a 5 speed shifter on the crotch bar. At least that's what I think they call that part of the frame.

Mine was green, with the 5-speed shifter. I went everywhere on that thing.

Lincoln logs
Legos
AFX slot cars and track

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite toys was the Stomper trucks! My brother and I went through so many batteries!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lkdr1989,

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Fanner 50. My parents would not buy me one, but my Aunt bought me one anyway. Here is the commercial that mesmerized my childhood mind.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W8qXLxHi9_8" width="420"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Yes, this toy. Absolutely.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
One of my favorite toys was the Stomper trucks! My brother and I went through some many batteries!

I had one or two of those! I had completely forgotten about those things. Thanks for the refresher.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 888 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
1. Schwinn Apple Krate
2. Johnny Seven main battle rifle
3. HO scale railroad
4. Scale model slot car track
5. Hot Wheels (so many things in my set)

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
An M3 'Grease gun' I made out of a piece of banister, dowel and 1x2s. Many great hours in the woods chasing Germans.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
The Fanner 50, without a doubt. I actually remember having two as a kid in the 50's.

Funny thing about baseball cards. They were everywhere, packs of gum, you name it, but I never really collected them. They were used regularly on the spokes of my bicycle however as it made it sound pretty cool. Lord knows how many Mickey Mantle rookie cards I destroyed. Eek

Oh, marbles were really big. There was always a game going on somewhere and every kid worth his salt carried a bag of them when he went to school.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Everything was in short supply during WW-2; metal was needed for the war effort.

I had just completed second grade when the war ended and I was thrilled to receive a pair of roller skates. The kind that clamped on to your shoes; you tightened the toe clamps with a key that was always getting lost, and the heel end had a strap that went over your foot. They could be adjusted for your shoe size by sliding the toe and heel sections together, or pulling them further apart, then locking the adjustment in place with a nut.

Some of the skates had inexpensive wheels. Mine had the deluxe ball bearing wheels.

We lived on a street that had smooth pavement and very little traffic. I probably zoomed up and down that street for a couple of hours every day in the summer.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post