SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What were your favorite childhood toys?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What were your favorite childhood toys? Login/Join 
posted
Fanner 50. My parents would not buy me one, but my Aunt bought me one anyway. Here is the commercial that mesmerized my childhood mind.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
GI Joe, circa 1964.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MtnPlinker
posted Hide Post
A tonka John deer tractor.... with a hay bailer

Posts: 1962 | Location: Front Range CO | Registered: April 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Hot Wheels.....the old school ones circa 1960-1970.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Fanner 50 was my thought when I read the thread title.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I was reading the title I am thinking 'Fanner 50'. And then I read the OP's post.
And no one lost an eye.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
A couple gross of bottle rockets.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Legos and a chemistry set. Yeah, I'm an engineering nerd. But I did manage to (unintentionally) set the bus stop on fire with a home made incindiary firecracker when I was 12.

Ken

Posts: 1049 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Marbles.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Big Wheel
GI Joes
Hot Wheels cars and racetracks.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Marbles.

Isn't your bag a couple shy? Razz

Mine was my Tonka Volkswagen Beetle.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Marbles.

Yea, well mine was a hoop and a stick.

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Surrounded by
Fruit Loops
Picture of Baran
posted Hide Post
GI Joe the adventure team guys. Still have some of the originals in mint condition

Posts: 1523 | Location: Happy Valley, MA | Registered: November 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
These...I loved mine and the electric motor was the berries!...I made robots!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Legos
Ertle tractors and implements
Matchbox and Hot Wheels
Plastic scale models

Our kids have numerous Legos, models, and Hot Wheels that I never play with. Lol! Who am I foolin'?! I still play with them!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cap pistols, American Flyer trains, Lionel trains, Ranger bicycles, control line model airplanes and Erector sets.

Posts: 1500 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Creepy Crawlers, where you poured the goop into the molds and cooked them until they were like rubber

NRA Life Member

Posts: 240 | Location: Kiawah Island, SC | Registered: July 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I had a Fanner 50 around 1959-60 or so. Also had a Belt Buckle Derringer that used "Greenie Stick'em Caps".

My favorites were the Play sets:
Fort Apache, Cape Canaveral (1960 or so).
Blue & Gray Battle Set (1962).
Operation Moon Base (around 1965).

I wish I had them now - they're valuable now.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16513 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
-AFX slot cars and track
-Big Wheel
-Tonka backhoe/crane/scoop thingy. It was green and was not comfortable to sit on while working it.

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
Lincoln Logs, toy armymen, both WW2 and Civil War. Toy guns of any type.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post