SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any VA members going to lobby day on 1/20?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any VA members going to lobby day on 1/20? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
For those of us not taking the bus, what is the plan for parking? I can't remember where I parked when I went a few years ago.

Wifey is going to drop me off then walking or cab to event. She can't handle crowds and her back won't let her stand or walk for hours at a time.

I told her about the talk on VCDL FB group on if people should carry. I said unless they change rules (which they didn't yesterday) that I was planning to. She said I better and an extra spare mag. Good answer baby, good answer.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
Yes, I plan to attend.

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
For those of us not taking the bus, what is the plan for parking? I can't remember where I parked when I went a few years ago.

I've driven down in the past. Since it is a holiday, parking at meters has been free. This year though with the expected crowds, I'm not convinced that there will be parking anywhere close available. I opted for a bus ride this year.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6476 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure where I will park,

I'm local (Chesterfield Co), so a long drive is not a thing,

got some guys going with me , we will figure it out

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Guys, I have emails from two people Architect and DSgrouse. Anyone else up for meeting up at or after Lobby Day?

95flhr and anyone who has gone in the past, I'd love some guidance on where to be, how everything works, any tips you may have for talking with delegates/senators, or any other information to help me be prepared. I am a rookie to all this. I always thought never in Virginia, all I have to do is just vote to do my duty, man I was wrong. Time to play catch up.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
I'll be there.

Check out vcdl's website. They have arranged for parking at the diamond and will be having shuttles to get folks to and from.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
I'll be there.

Check out vcdl's website. They have arranged for parking at the diamond and will be having shuttles to get folks to and from.

Diamond? Not sure what that is, is that a good point to have my wife do dropoff/pickup?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
My wife and I plan on going. Not sure where to park. I am thinking of parking further out and walking in.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Spoke to a guy at work today who didn't know the 20th was a holiday. His wife is going out of town that day, so he said he was up to going. We're probably pooling together. So, that's two more that weren't originally on the ticket.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
I'll be there.

Diamond? Not sure what that is, is that a good point to have my wife do dropoff/pickup?

Large Baseball stadium located on Arthur Ashe Blvd.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
I will be there. May spend the night Monday and take the opportunity to do some research in the Library of Virginia on Tuesday.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 670 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
My wife and I are planning on being there.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Hey Guys,

Some have mentioned possibly getting together for safety. If you have an email listed in your profile I sent one to you. If not, feel free to email me.

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
I'll be there.

basically at the Boulevard (recently changed name to Art Ashe Blvd), and 95,

I cannot remember the exit number,

when you come of 95, go south (into the city, not out of town), take a left at the light at the A Ashe center (you will see the Diamond beyond it) parking is down on the right, IIRC

that are is generally safe during the day,

I'm planning on hitting the lot by 8,

hoping it is not full by then

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I'll be there.

when you come of 95, go south (into the city, not out of town), take a left at the light at the A Ashe center (you will see the Diamond beyond it) parking is down on the right, IIRC

Same for us, My LGS is doing a shuttle, so if it is full you can head there and park.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motorheadjohn
posted Hide Post
Going - yes.

Meet up - probably not, I'm riding up with 6 other instructors from our club and need to rally with them.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I'll be there.

Same for us, My LGS is doing a shuttle, so if it is full you can head there and park.

who is your LGS?

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I am going.

The Diamond

3001 N Arthur Ashe blvd

Parking is available at The Diamond with free shuttle bus service running every 15 minutes from 7:00 am until 3:00 pm. VCDL is providing the buses

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I'll be there.

who is your LGS?

Brother n arms in goochland. He is renting the van and doin the shuttle from here

103 Williamsburg Road West

quote:
BROTHERS N ARM WILL BE RUNNING A SHUTTLE TO THE RALLY FROM 103 WEST WILLIAMSBURG RD .YOU CAN PARK IN THE BACK OF ALL TANGLED UP .IT STARTS AT 6:AM THE SUTTLE WILL RUN ABOUT EVEY 30 MIN.
DONATIONS WOULD BE APRESHEATTED BUT NOT NESSARY
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE !

quote:
There Has been a small change in Plans . We'll be picking up at same location , new time for pick up will be at 6:30am and again at 7:30 depending on how many people show up .
Pick up time will be at 2:30 depending on how things Go .

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Texted the few of you guys that I had numbers for, if you are going and feel like exchanging numbers. Please email me your cell phone number and name. If everyone is OK with it we can start a group text for heading down and while down there.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis