SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do we have any bearded dragon owners?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do we have any bearded dragon owners? Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
My son and I just recently acquired a juvenile bearded dragon. I was told they love crickets and Kale. What else do they like to snack on?

Here is a quick pic our dragon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Eyeballs Eek

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
My daughter and I have one. We bought a fancy red colored baby early this year and he's grown very quickly. At 8 months he's about 250g and 18 inches long.

Keep socializing them so they'll be easily handled. They need hot temps, around 105-110F. We have a pretty good thermostat, but I forget the brand offhand.

Feed them crickets early on, then eventually transition them to mostly salad / collard greens / mustard greens and other veggies & fruits. They like bright colors, so strawberries and other things are treats for them. They still need crickets / etc when they get older, but less frequently otherwise they can get fat.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I've not had a dragon, but I've had exotic frogs.

Amazing little critters, all of them.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
They are the dog's of the retile world. Big Grin

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do we have any bearded dragon owners?
I have a beard but I don't own a dragon.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I had a Savannah Monitor. Happiest day was when I sold him. Had to feed it mice and goldfish. He poo stank! And he he went a lot. Those suckers get huge. Never will I own a reptile again. I had to knock the head against the ledge the tank sat on. Just enough so it was dazed, but not until knocked out. Lizard wouldn't eat things that didn't move, but also was a slow eater so if he got it by midsection the mice would try to bite and claw his eyes.

I hope your experience with reptiles is better than mine was.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When he gets a little bigger you can feed him pinky mice

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Cool looking little critter.
Are they trainable?

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Used to feed ours crickets, meal worms and pinky mice

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post