Find
Notify
Tools

New Mower Login/Join 
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is that Ferris more comfortable to ride on? Probably, but then at mowing speed speed how much difference is there really?

Depends on your yard. If you're on a golf course, probably not much. If your yard is like those woods minus the trees, then it makes a big difference. Big Grin

quote:
And is that worth the six grand more than what I paid?

The Ferris I purchased was similar in price to other manufacturers. The suspension isn't the driving factor as far as price goes. In fact, my Ferris was six grand more than other Ferris models....all with suspension. Wink

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I guess I should respond, Bass.

In the video the machines were just going over bumps set on the turf, actually not unlike the field grass bumps in much of what I mow.

The image of my machine on a wooded trail was just to show it works surprisingly well mowing grass and weeds on trails. Because of roots and rocks on I just creep along at a walking pace, sometimes even slower in rough sections, so suspension doesn't really come into play there. Anyway I'm able to keep them nicely groomed so I can bang around on my ATV or UTV. Big Grin

As far as the $8,900 price I seem to pay top dollar for most everything I buy but a $6,000 difference (either way) we're talking a completely different category of mower. Toro's similar 3000 series ZTR's price about the same as what I paid. Toro, Ferris, Hustler, John Deere, and the other manufacturers offer ZTR's from $2,000 to well over $12,000. I won't delve into what makes the more expensive mowers, more expensive. I do know enough that, given what I have to mow on that property, me buying a light duty residential ZTR would be more expensive in the long run yet it'd be complete overkill for the lawn at the other house.

LOL yeah I think it does "look" like a nice machine time'll tell how well it holds up and that's what I'm really concerned about.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7098 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post