SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Naval Academy drug ring under investigation: LSD, cocaine allegedly bought on dark web
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Naval Academy drug ring under investigation: LSD, cocaine allegedly bought on dark web Login/Join 
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
I hear the antarctic brigade needs some folks.

Acceptance to Operation Deep Feeze is a very big deal for the many who apply annually. Those who commit drug crimes do not deserve to be part of any special programs.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any JAG officers around that can shed some light on possible punishment for Midshipmen? I've seen cadets booted out of the program and forced to reimburse the government their tuition costs or depending on the type of infraction permitted to serve as enlisted instead of repayment but I haven't seen any criminal prosecuted.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Not responding to above post specifically, as I’m no JAG Off Razz , but from from what I remember, Plebes/youngsters can voluntarily separate or be separated w/out any obligation of reimbursement. 2nd class and Firsties are obligated to complete 2-years at the academy, for a total of 7-years in the Navy/Marines (5-years in the fleet). Anything shorter, due to voluntary or legal separation, and I think you are technically on the hook for the cost of your education. How often they’ve pursued it, I would like to see the stats on that myself.

Posts: 2011 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post