SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Michigan police department's photoshopped patrol car post goes viral
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michigan police department's photoshopped patrol car post goes viral Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
I predict protests, riots and lawsuits Razz

Police in Michigan are using a new tactic to reach citizens -- or are they?

“So as some of you may have noticed, our page has been pretty helpful in connecting us with our community,” the Bath Township Police Department said in a Saturday Facebook post. “We’ve found though, that we are still struggling to really reach the younger folk out there.”

They added that “in an effort to bridge that gap, we’ve decided to update our patrol car graphics in an attempt to be more relatable to the local youths.”

Included in the post? A “photo” of a police vehicle with the word “Popo” emblazoned on the side.

The fake announcement garnered more than 2,500 shares and sparked a number of reactions on the social media platform.

“OMG you guys are too funny! That’s a classic! Be safe brothers n sisters out there,” a commenter wrote.

“It needs a "da" before popo. Hilarious though,” another said.

Not everyone, however, was amused, NBC 25 reports.

“What the hell is the world coming to? So now the disrespect is on the side of the cars rolling up and down the street. You treat disrespect with this. Smh,” a different Facebook commenter wrote.

Police replied to the person’s remark, saying that “...photoshop does wonders.”

‘How hard is it to see people just don't like you. Using tax payer money to decorate your pig mobile makes me like you even less,” someone else wrote.

“Considering we actually did this in MS Paint, and no tax dollars were used, I guess that means you like us again,” police responded.

Authorities then shared an image of a police vehicle in the post’s comments section, confirming they design of the patrol cars haven't changed.

“For those of you upset about us putting "slang" on the car or for "wasting taxpayers money," we wanted to let you know that the photo was made as a joke. Our cars still, and always will, say Police," the department added.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/20...mixed-reactions.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Now it's a proper K-9 Patrol...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43866 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
‘How hard is it to see people just don't like you. Using tax payer money to decorate your pig mobile makes me like you even less,” someone else wrote.

“Considering we actually did this in MS Paint, and no tax dollars were used, I guess that means you like us again,” police responded.

Mic Drop!!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Some people need to get a life...and I don't mean Da PoPo.

Posts: 5759 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post