SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested and charged with sex trafficking
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 34

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested and charged with sex trafficking Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john1:
I believe we have some former Bureau of Prisons COs on here and maybe they can line out the details of BOP's suicide watch protocals (MCC is a BOP facility).

If Epstien was indeed on "suicide watch" that means (in my experience) a solo cell with 24/7 camera, a suicide smock and 15 minute cell checks for "living, breathing flesh". Of course a determined person will get it done, but this is, and always has been a major concern for jails and prisons and procedures to prevent suicides are not unfamiliar and uncommon to staff.

This is a mega-fail by a high security facility used to dealing with high-profile offenders.

A suicide watch I'm very familiar with is an inmate wearing only shorts and a tear proof suicide smock, without any sheet or blanket on a tear proof mattress, being constantly watched by a CO who takes notes of the inmates movement. A nurse checks on the inmate every two hours.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Karma.

You know what they say: karma's a b...

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Is this all that this thread is going to be? Do you guys have any idea how truly worn out and old are the 'Hillary killed him' jokes? It's not funny any more. It's not even in the vicinity of funny. It's tedious and boring.

Why should I leave this thread open if this kind of stuff is going to appear several times on every page?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, para.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Honestly I don’t even see the point to have it open. He’s dead. His victims will probably never be made whole. Unless someone is arrested or indicted because of this waste of skin, it’s probably better that he be forgotten forever. What a colossal d-bag.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Honestly I don’t even see the point to have it open.
Ask the members posting in this thread if they want it locked and most of them would say 'no'.

Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Please leave it open.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Honestly I don’t even see the point to have it open.
Ask the members posting in this thread if they want it locked and most of them would say 'no'.

Yeah... the subject does easily lend itself to conspiracy theories. But it is interesting.
We may hear more... or not. But I'm with Jim Shugart:
quote:
Please leave it open.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23943 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Once ya get by conspiracy theories, there’s some good humor in the thread.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My one and only hope is that all of the other offenders Epstein facilitated aren't allowed to fade into obscurity due to the absence of a key witness. They need to still be held accountable criminally, and in the civil courts.

Posts: 486 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
There's no way that the Feds will allow other offenders to slip by. In their contingency planning, I find it difficult to believe that the possibility of the suicide of the accused was not taken into consideration.

The Feds aren't done, not by a long shot.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure Epstein was all that essential to the case against others going forward.
There were a lot of other facilitators and they will start at the bottom and squeeze them to talk about others above them. Deals will be given to the ones that talk first and they go up from there. There are also a lot of victims who can point the authorities in the right direction.
Should be interesting for the next year or so.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Once ya get by conspiracy theories, there’s some good humor in the thread.

He has been moved into witness protection.His new name is Clem Doore

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
What a way for anyone to meet their end, but especially so this man who lived in several mansions, including one on his private island where he kept a constantly changing harem of underage girls. He lives a life of indulgence and luxury like some debauched sheik.

Then he is either partially strangled by another inmate in his prison cell, or he fails to hang himself to death. A week of incalculable misery later, he is found hung in his prison cell.

Yeech. Talk about dying like a dog....

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Then he is either partially strangled by another inmate in his prison cell, or he fails to hang himself to death.
Have I not made myself clear in this thread??

What inmate? Who? What's their name? Provide us with a link to news items from credible sources, referring to this inmate, please.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
You're about to really piss me off with this nonsense. Fair warning.
I apologize.
Thank you but there's no need. My remark was directed at FenderBender.

Okay, thanks. Smile

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
There's no way that the Feds will allow other offenders to slip by. In their contingency planning, I find it difficult to believe that the possibility of the suicide of the accused was not taken into consideration.

The Feds aren't done, not by a long shot.

With all due respect Para, the feds have been working on this case since 2006, well over a decade.

I know these things take time, and they had some judges involved, and a weak plea deal, but at some point they've got to hurry things along for the sake of closure.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Here, this should make some of you happy.

posted Hide Post
Dammit, I wanted his victims to have their day in court with him and his cohorts.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post