SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested and charged with sex trafficking
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 34

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested and charged with sex trafficking Login/Join 
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted
A lot of rich and powerful people are not going to sleep well tonight.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news...ing-nyt?srnd=premium

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Slick Willy Clinton's buddy, right?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe so. I remember stories about Willie going to the Carribean on Epstein's private plane, for parties with underage girls.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Report This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Slick Willy Clinton's buddy, right?

Yep, Clinton was a frequent guest. As was Alan Derschowitz. And lots of other rich and famous people.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/l...essmen/#caf485ac9fb5

"In its 27-page decision, the court cited the public’s right to access the case information outweighed the privacy of certain individuals, “including numerous prominent American politicians, powerful business executives, foreign presidents, a well‐known Prime Minister, and other world leaders.”

posted Hide Post
Palm Beach County is less than an hour away from me. I remember when he got arrested in 2008 and his sentence was extremely lenient back then. Hopefully this time, he will be treated like the underage girl while in prison, and for a long time.

posted Hide Post
This case, should it ever go to court, will be very interesting, not only for what gets caught up in the net but, also what will be said. If you were a wealthy mover and shaker in NYC, you very likely ran into Epstein...which includes the current POTUS. Not saying he's involved however a deposition could come from the Executive office. The biggest fish will be #42, his name is quite prominent with this one.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I hope they flip the light on with all the roaches out in the room; then we’ll see just how well connected he really is.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15502 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I read he was Trump's neighbor.....
some guys like them younger and younger....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Report This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
His jail arrangement (in 2008) allowed him to get out of the Palm Beach County Stockade six days a week to work out of his office.

Six days a week at "work"? When you're a billionaire, isn't work, and making money, like, fun for you? No longer work?

Was the "sealed inditement" crucial in apprehending him? Loose lips and all that?

NYTIMES.COM - By Patricia Mazzei and William K. Rashbaum - July 6, 2019

Jeffrey E. Epstein, a billionaire New York financier long accused of molesting dozens of girls, was arrested on Saturday and charged with sex trafficking by federal prosecutors, an extraordinary turn of events in a long and sordid criminal case.

Two people with knowledge of the charges said on Saturday night that Mr. Epstein had been arrested in the New York area and was in federal custody.

He is expected to appear before a federal magistrate on Monday, more than a decade after he first gained notoriety with lurid accusations that he had paid dozens of girls for sexual massages in Florida.

Mr. Epstein, 66, had avoided federal criminal charges in 2007 and 2008 in a widely criticized plea deal whose lenient terms continue to roil the Justice Department and are facing new scrutiny in the #MeToo era.

Before the plea deal, Mr. Epstein, a former hedge-fund manager, had been friendly with Donald J. Trump, former President Bill Clinton and Prince Andrew, the Duke of York.

He pleaded guilty to lesser state charges of soliciting prostitution, served 13 months in a county lockup and registered as a sex offender. His jail arrangement allowed him to get out of the Palm Beach County Stockade six days a week to work out of his office.

The United States attorney’s office in Manhattan, which brought the charges against Mr. Epstein, declined to comment on Saturday night.

CBS Miami reported that Mr. Epstein was arrested late Saturday afternoon at Teterboro Airport in New Jersey after his private jet landed there from Paris. He was taken into custody by federal agents.

The television station said Mr. Epstein was arrested under a sealed federal indictment and charged with one count of sex trafficking and one count of conspiracy to commit sex trafficking.

(more at the link)

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/0...sex-trafficking.html

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
From the zero hedge article:

"...noted that President Trump was the only person linked to Epstein who cooperated with his investigation."

The President apparently has nothing to hide where this animal is concerned. I am glad to hear that.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
also an article going around right now that says his is 'a placeholder' - more shoes to drop

Big Grin

I hope it sweeps up a shitload of filth

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
also an article going around right now that says his is 'a placeholder' - more shoes to drop

Big Grin

I hope it sweeps up a shitload of filth

They will have to keep Epstein alive.

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
This is going to get REALLY interesting.

This case is like the Harvey Weinstein case, but on steroids. Lots of people are going to go down, and I bet they will all sing like canaries in order to cut a deal.

I wonder if 'mr' clinton is pricing flights to countries without extradition treaties. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
The President called this 3 years ago:

It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Don't forget Berman (US Attorney SDNY) is a Trump appointee. This does not look good for 42.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Lots of enablers will be involved too.
Trump had kicked him out of his place in Florida years ago for bad behavior.
Slick Willy had the Secret service guys stay home when he went off for party time. i doubt he did that to save the taxpayers money.
Dershowitz was lobbying to get the old stuff unsealed so it's hard to figure where he stands.
One of the British Royals, Prince something or other, could have problems.
Got to think some employees will get squeezed for their parts and sing.
Should be interesting.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Out of an abundance of caution, I'm going to suggest maybe we should all just wait for this to shake out a bit more before we build any real strong opinions (consider the Robert Kraft deal). Let's see where all this goes...

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
...some employees will get squeezed for their parts...

Getting their parts squeezed sounds like just another day working for Epstein.

On a more serious note, I hope Dershowitz isn't involved in the pedophilia. I would think that he wouldn't have defended Trump so much if he had.

All of the huge names that may be involved makes me wonder if Epstein is going to live long enough to testify or cut a deal. If he does survive, I expect to see some RINO never-Trumpers to go down as well. It would explain their opposition to Trump when it otherwise appears illogical.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:... his sentence was extremely lenient back then.

This seems to be a popular opinion but the facts dont support it.

PB county forwarded the old case to the Feds, the Feds thought a case with them was weak at best and they were having problems with witnesses. So they cut a deal with him, no Fed prosecution if he pleas to a felony in State court, become a convicted felon, gets a DC number and registers, for life, as a sex offender. That last bit is the hammer, whether you are rich or poor. Not a lenient sentence.

Now, in state or federal court that prior case, with the sex offender status, will be an aggravator in sentencing.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
This is going to get REALLY interesting.

This case is like the Harvey Weinstein case, but on steroids. Lots of people are going to go down, and I bet they will all sing like canaries in order to cut a deal.

I wonder if 'mr' clinton is pricing flights to countries without extradition treaties. . .

i agree

we have seen the 'scandal of the week' come annd go

but I have a feeling this one is going to bite some prominent people

-----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Report This Post